All Talk No gunpowder- Piston's SB
Hey guys, pleasure to meet y'all. Ive been learning to draw for the last 2 years. Got a crudton of work to do on my basics/fundamentals still and looking to meet some new faces-especially hard workers and dedicated beings.

Here's some of my works from the last coupla months:

Welcome Piston, good start here. Edges need work, fur on jacket should be soft, and hair too. Also, maybe try and define things or spend a bit more time on some pieces. Push them further. Keep grinding.
(03-16-2013, 04:16 AM)I STRaY I Wrote: Welcome Piston, good start here. Edges need work, fur on jacket should be soft, and hair too. Also, maybe try and define things or spend a bit more time on some pieces. Push them further. Keep grinding.

thanks stray: i too, have noticed the edge weakness and it does indeed come from the later stages in a piece. At the moment I can work something up for maybe 2-4 hour but i often leave them in a messy and unrefined final state(with a lot of blotches) due to reaching my current stamina and knowledge wall- sort of a "what the hell next?" moment. That being said, here's a piece im working up of van goch,a wip of currently about 3 hours.

Thanks for the sketchbook visit man. first off, awesome proportions and values seem good too. Would agree about the edges thing though. I also leave parts totally unrefined such as the fur hood I can see isn't a mistake you just haven't tried to refine it, but the naked man for example has a lot of soft edges so he reads quite blurry. I would suggest doing a study of a cast or two as they are only one value and only use the hard brush with opacity at 100% and flow at 100% and just try and capture the overall value changes. Hope that helps and really awesome work so far :)

(06-29-2013, 04:26 PM)will123will Wrote: Thanks for the sketchbook visit man. first off, awesome proportions and values seem good too. Would agree about the edges thing though. I also leave parts totally unrefined such as the fur hood I can see isn't a mistake you just haven't tried to refine it, but the naked man for example has a lot of soft edges so he reads quite blurry. I would suggest doing a study of a cast or two as they are only one value and only use the hard brush with opacity at 100% and flow at 100% and just try and capture the overall value changes. Hope that helps and really awesome work so far :)

thanks a lot will, im pretty unhappy with my first year work in hindsight (the lacking pieces of which ill post below) need to fix a lot of things but hey itll be fun on the road.

[Image: 0VcRV2w.jpg][Image: muqSKws.jpg][Image: U30uIfQ.jpg][Image: dIbusFr.jpg][Image: 4bzHB9U.jpg][Image: qlqH9og.jpg][Image: 4tCV5lI.jpg][Image: 2TO59Cf.jpg][Image: QQFX0Kv.jpg][Image: lkWZKtm.jpg][Image: m7G6P14.jpg][Image: J1cpKPX.jpg][Image: zv22VbI.jpg][Image: rLCDfOF.jpg][Image: YjrLEeG.jpg][Image: PhH8Re4.jpg][Image: ddw2m4T.jpg][Image: 8S1evDw.jpg][Image: QGR6E95.jpg][Image: ZZd1UpT.jpg][Image: 7eC4xiV.jpg][Image: mqJCmX3.jpg][Image: m616EuP.jpg][Image: chDWHHu.jpg]

crits much appreciated
Nice update man, damn your doing a lot of work, nice creativity too :)