ABANDONED HIDEOUT
@JyonnyNovice Yea I also got set of W1W3W5W7W9. You know that you can get yourself a refill at ebay, you don't need to buy a new markers. You pbbly know that, but just to make sure. Nice planes!

@Paul Kokshin This is too hot man. I love the way you do this gestures.

@Aumes Hey man nice story in that picture. I'd love to do a paint over your piece, If its ok with you.

Amit That part went under another a piece of metal but I seemed to have overlooked it when doing the line work, thanks for pointing it out ^^

Paul Thanks for the tips, I am really messy sometimes, searching around finding lines without really thinking - which is cool in some situations - but I try to force myself to be economical to train myself not to be so messy. I think the problem is I press too hard when I do them, I'll work on that! thx ^^

Caisne I heard about the refills but is it economical? I will look into it a bit more thx.

Some stuff from today, few heads that still full of errors but getting better little by little (first time I scanned it and flipped it and didn't see one all warped and skewed - the one at the bottom). And some more perspective stuff, focusing on design and packaging.

[Image: lHdNvnu.jpg]

[Image: wXjww60.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
@JyonnyNovice its totally economical man. it cost around 7$ you can refill your marker for like 15-20 times i guess. Check this out http://www.copicmarker.com/wp-content/up...rs_FAQ.pdf

study from the night

Attached Files Image(s)

Morning study

Attached Files Image(s)

Some things I did today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne Woah I never knew that... guy in the art shop hid that from me, just said 'they arent popular, not many people buy them, most just get new markers' - greedy b*£%$tard

Slapper Great looking studies, proportions look nice in the second one.

I'm trying to do an illustration, instead of just always quick sketches and little drawings, struggling hard cause this process is new to me. Any ideas / comments / criticisms from you guys would be awesome ^^

This is development of this drawings, the last three thumbnails is the kind of composition I am thinking of doing at the moment. Tomorrow will do few more thumbs to try and figure it out some more.

[Image: E9MyIsb.jpg]

[Image: Cpbyfxn.jpg]

[Image: 1cxTq2V.jpg]

[Image: 35EnGz5.jpg]

[Image: q9eD3ai.jpg]

[Image: Av8sxVM.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Hey guys sorry i kind of disappeared there for a while, i was traveling. Looking good, seems like everybody has kept going strong here, lots of nice studies.

Here is something im working on, kind of Card illustration thingy. Any thoughts? critiques?

[Image: 15865510123_73088fefef_z.jpg]MERA MERA 2

@Jeso Hey man, whats up! Love how you kept in mint the light from the bold. The biggest issue a see in your piece is materials. It looks like everything he wears made of the same matte plastic. Nail down the materials man, do some studies, keep in mind what is made of what. Keep rocking man!

@JyonnyNovice I can try to bring the one with a trees a little bit further tonight on a stream. If thats ok with you. Maybe it'll help ya a little bit

@Slapper There is some major issues with proportions on people man! work on your fundamentals and human anatomy.

Some studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne That'd be awesome dude, thanks ^^

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
quick paint over for Jyonny

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne Thanks again man, really really really appreciate you taking the time to do that, has helped me so much, mainly about how to make it look interesting with all the 'noise' and cool little details that aren't repetitive and also with the depth and framing. Wish I can pay you back someday : )

I took some of those ideas and started thumbnailing again. I don't kid myself that I can make a painting like Caisne but it's important for me to finish this project and see it to the end, even if result isn't amazing.

I like these thumbnails below. I will tighten up the perspective and sort out the scaling issues, since some things too big / small in relation to each other.

[Image: A3vewyR.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Awesome work guys

@Caisne : Great studies man : )
@JyonnyNovice : cool thumbnails . Thumbs_up

i'm plannig to do a painting
some line art :

[Image: g3suxg0.jpg]
@art44 Hey man, nice lines! Love how you used the road or a walkway to guide the viewer to that lil town. The only thing that bugs me out is that the cylindrical rock on the left is tangent to the frame. thats not good. You should bake its shorter, or taller . so it'll go up and vont touch the border of the picture. keep posting

fucked up morning

Attached Files Image(s)

Art44 Great lines man, looking forward to see where you take that ^^

Paul You're a machine! I watched your stream the other day and you draw those girls like you're a xerox printer, they just seem to come out nearly perfect with the first lines. I can see the tiny construction lines on the torso and stuff but you just visualise most of it and just draw? no gesture / lines of action / balls / spheres or what have you to start?

Caisne really inspired me to tackle digital painting again, did some value studies in my sketchbook and then some painting on my illustration (didn't look at the paintover when I did it, probably remembered a few of the details since the house starts to look similar)

Still WIP, just playing around with colour gradient underneath.

[Image: WUduHFP.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
@Paul Kokshin my nose is bleeding man :D

Personal stuff I've been doing lately.

Attached Files Image(s)

Caisne Those images are great! Awesome work on the design and the page layout too - like something from bonus concept art pictures from a game : ) I'm sure you're gonna find a job real soon ^^ That fire apparatus could look even better with a touch of 3 point perspective because of the high angle, looking great as it is though.

My attempts are kind of shameful in comparison - I am pretty happy though.

[Image: WH1ybNT.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Everybody is doing great !

>JyonnyNovice It's hard to focus on design and fundamentals at the same time but I think you did well.

>Caisne (*O*)

Here are some random sketches that I'll never finish.

@caisne : awesome stuff , wow Impressed
@JyonnyNovice : great work , you are really good working on perspective
@Yusuf Zmirlin : good sketches , maybe you should pick one and finish it

the environment from line art . didn't go well !

[Image: L26pKYs.jpg]
looking sexy y'all keep it coming

@art44 yeah man, you could do better. Remember 1-2-3 rule. Foreground - middleground - background. Use atmosphere to show depth. Try not to zoom or execute details to early. The firs thing you wanna do is establish good composition, fell of depth and point of interest. Without all this foundation details wont save the picture.

@Yusuf Zmirlin Fun thumbs, but as its been said before. You should finish a few.

@JyonnyNovice Pick a Scott Robertson's Dvd on cars from gnomon if you haven't yet. The design unsexyness with that cars is that both of them have a pretty much the same section size. Front - cockpit, back. Its boring people love to see variety. Try to analyze and study (not just copy) real vehicles.

morning study

Attached Files Image(s)