(One day) Hot girls and appealing characters
It hard to go toward stylize anatomy because you have to make decision but to make decision you have to have a logic otherwise that an uninform decision.

When you have a base in realism well you understand the difference between sex you no longer say well ''this is similar'' you see the difference. This is why your able to pick certain aspect and avoid the androgynous quality because the difference is anchor in realism which state no body is the same .For you women and men feet are similar this is an observation i reject. My suggestion would be to look more into real anatomy and actually taking the time to ask the question to yourself what is difference between A and B and you will start to pick on the difference. For that you need to see a lot of same subject to get those question answers but the good new is your not the first to go down that path you just need to find those resource that compare women and men anatomy. Loomis come to mind if you don't know is book well it time you find out who he is.

Yes we have all the same body part ''mostly'' but proportion wise that uninformed observation to say that some part are similar yes similar as you can say both are foot but how similar? It not a question that will be answers without a lot a careful observation and the right resource to point you as to what kind of observation you can make.

The problem is if it was easy to get any of those two thing everyone would be an artist so you need a good deal of persistence to get those question answers and resource that dissect the difference between A and B.

Also when you talk about lola bunny what your referring to is what call the idealize body there realistic proportion(medical average) and idealize proportion which is base on fashion and aesthetic. Golden era comic is very familiar with the idealize body. Cartoon don't generally go for ''hot'' here it was for comedic effect so it always stylization with intention.

I think what ThereIsNoJustice is hinting at is that you might be need to step back from construction and learn proportion because i think what going on is your not really yet understanding the role of proportion but if you develop the observational skill and technical skill to figure the distance between point in space you get better stylization because you understand how to bend in to line and shape to fit your intent.

I don't know if that make sense... to you. It not necessarily about physically measuring but spatially measuring but you would be better to physically start to measure first and then develop an intuitive and more cognitively driven spacial measuring observational capacity overtime as you get more knowledgeable about the proportion of different subject matter.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (One day) Hot girls and appealing characters - by darktiste - 06-14-2024, 05:09 PM