(One day) Hot girls and appealing characters
Now I am looking at Disney Stuff / Cartoons  and how they are making completely unrealistic or heavily stylized characters look as if they are "hot girls".

First of all, let's define what makes a woman in real life look "hot"—this is totally tied to beauty standards. They usually have slightly bigger eyes than men, higher and more arched eyebrows, and long eyelashes. As for the body, they have a narrow waist and wide hips, creating those nice curves, a thin neck, and long, smooth transitions.

Quote:What did they take from reality that makes a girl beautiful or hot?

Here’s a good general explanation of the standard shapes of women and men. You can exaggerate this as much as you want, as long as these characteristics remain recognizable. It’s not about having large breasts, as you mentioned.

Quote:So, how is it possible to stylize stuff in this way, where the drawing looks even better and brings across the point even better than reality!?
Yes, absolutely. The artist's role when creating a design is precisely that: to arrange the elements in a way that the viewer's brain associates everything harmoniously.

Quote:What are the rules to that, what else can be done in this way? Could you use this for every bodypart?
There are various design tools to achieve this; they aren't exactly rules. Yes, you can apply this to all parts of the body, but everything has to remain consistent. Your entire drawing needs to belong to the same universe. If you stylize the head in a certain way, the hands, for example, have to follow the same direction. In the ones you mentioned about Malina, notice that the face, hair, clothes, and hands all follow the same design logic.

In stylization, there are no rules about which shapes to use, as long as your drawing supports the shapes and stylization you choose. There are character designers who create amazing things with shapes and lines that I could never have imagined using.

Here are some examples with different levels of stylization and aesthetics:

I hope my response makes sense to you. This is a topic I've been studying for a while because a friend of mine took an entire course on it and shared a lot of what he learned with me. So, there are many aspects of design and style that are difficult to explain without demonstrating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (One day) Hot girls and appealing characters - by VitorCardoso - 06-16-2024, 08:41 AM