(One day) Hot girls and appealing characters
Who are you referring for those drawing? Why is there no reference in here your drawing anatomy. I know you might want to keep this sketchbook short but we don't know what material your using and if it useable for study. We don't know if your doing invention or study of real subject matter.

I personally see just the mistake of approaching drawing to quickly the body as a complex form you want a basic understanding of how to build basic geometric mannequin into space you want to draw your from not like flat shape but like transparent object to understand thickness of object.

Doing around 100 of those mannequin should be a good start to help you study proportion and give a sense of solidity to your form you can also add a box around the figure to build a sense of weight and balance to the figure the box also act as the ground plane so the feet should be relatively 

Once you master different pose you can start to bend the figure give it more dynamism and all that will you try to maintain proportion. Drawing sitting position, sitting on the floor, dancing, sleeping position,swimming,jumping,picking up object on the floor or elsewhere etc.

I think the issue with your proportion right now is your using realistic proportion i personally never use those and your into stylization so i suggest the 8 head approch instead of the 7 1/2 head approach. It more likely that you will use the 8 head approach if you do any work that is not realistic so atleast to me it seem abit like a incorrect model to study for you. Anyways stylization use the idea of head pretty loosely so maybe you want semi realistic looking figure or you want cartoonish proportion it up to you to determine if the 7 1/2 head start or the more idealize 8 head approch as more benefit then negative.

So anyway before you go to deep into real anatomy of the body i suggest you explore more stylize proportion.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (One day) Hot girls and appealing characters - by darktiste - 07-01-2024, 09:45 AM