Comic thesis crits, please?
I'm reluctant to critique on the one hand because I don't consider myself very knowledgeable yet from the technicalities of art standpoint, but on the other hand I do want to help.  I do read a lot of comics, so I thought I'd mention a couple of things.  

I love your concept first off.  I think it has a lot of potential.  Second off, I thought I'd mention something else about the word bubbles.  Like someone else mentioned earlier, which is something I was going to bring up and it looks like you fixed, was that word bubbles usually don't extend beyond a certain panel unless the reader's eye is intentionally being directed through where the break is.  

I also don't think I've seen word bubbles cut off horizontally against the sides of panels.  I could be mistaken, but just to be sure I flipped through some of my comics, and it looks like if the word bubble is broken by a panel, it's almost always cut off against the top or bottom of the panel like this:

[Image: break_zpsjgoyr9nd.jpg]

Not saying it HAS to be done that way, but that seems to be the way it's done most often if a word bubble is cut off based on all the comics I read.

There's also a technique used to signify a pause between statements that's used in comics.  A lot of comics do this with word bubbles:

[Image: after_zpsj7rzzoba.jpg]

Though you should orchestrate it so that there would verbally be a pause between what's in the top and bottom parts of the bubble, I just wanted to be sure you knew that was an option if you needed more room for text and wanted to signify pauses in conversation between statements made by a single character.  Sorry if you already knew that, I just noticed you weren't using the technique and thought it might be useful for adding a bit more to the conversation at the cafe.

May add more later if I think of more, hope that wasn't too obvious.  Nervous about critiquing stuff because I'm not used to it, but I wanted to try to offer a little assistance where I could.

Messages In This Thread
Comic thesis crits, please? - by ZombieChinchilla - 12-30-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by Artloader - 12-30-2016, 09:12 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by Admbrns - 12-31-2016, 08:20 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by John - 01-02-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by RottenPocket - 01-04-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by John - 01-06-2017, 12:42 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by meat - 01-06-2017, 01:21 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by Admbrns - 01-12-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by Alopex - 01-14-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by Alopex - 01-14-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: Comic thesis crits, please? - by Artloader - 01-19-2017, 08:40 AM