Tilt boxes in a correct perspective grid
You don't need to make a second box you just need a bigger box that fit the object and to know how to subdivide those box.

One thing that is important to learn is to extend imaginary line vertically or horizontally from a specific point on a plane and also to be able to determine which segment vanish toward the same vanishing point as well as being able to identify segment parallel in a orthographic plan this way you can find a point inside a plane and start to create the shape within the box.

Take the more cube like form example with green pink red and blue you just need a few orthographic view such as the side,front and top view those become your plan or plane and from those you can extrapolate the form by using the square division technique detail in the previous video.

It bit complex to explain for me not gonna lie i never tried to explain such concept before.

In the example of the multicolor object the box is much bigger than necessary but it help get the idea across that those plane can be use to create an equal corresponding 3d shape it encapsule just visualize a end of one segment of that shape and extend it parallel to that shape.What you are doing in your own drawing isn't in orthographic perspective but those example use that orthographic perspective and those principle are still principle that can be apply to a 2 point perspective scenario it a bit advance to understand how those principle can translate to two perspective but once you understand it become just a question of conforming those view to one side of the box to help construct the shape.

Some tool that might be useful is a angle measuring device to find the right degree of inclination of that lamp head.

Hopeful i said enough that it translate into something useful otherwise sorry i need to simply my thinking.

As for your question as you an see in the example with the stair you can see the inclined lid of the suitcase as it own vanishing point but it as it horizontal segment vanish toward the vanishing point which are the closest to that segment if i am right.

I recommend watching this atleast it free and explain way better than me a few thing i touch on and i also recommend you draw along that extra practice that will help you for sure.

Long video on diverse perspective related rule live demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPmrlW1QBug

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tilt boxes in a correct perspective grid - by darktiste - 05-25-2023, 12:49 AM