eroquii's hyperbolic time chamber
Hello all! My name is Eroquii and I'm actually new around these parts! I used to be a part of the CA community, but after coming back from a 2 year hiatus from art for personal reasons, I learned about how some people have migrated here. My passion for art has been fully rekindled and I really want to steer myself  in the right direction, so I joined these forums in hopes of achieving this goal. I can't describe how disappointed I felt after the 2 year hiatus. I've been drawing again for around a month or two and I feel like I'm right on the right track. Please critique if you have the time and thanks so much for stopping by! Here's some of the stuff I've been working on. I'm hoping to get through some of the anatomy studies again. =)

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Grin 
Hello, Crimson Dagger bros and broettes! Been deathly afraid of painting and I've decided to just go for it! =D

Some old sketches :D

webcomic work! working on launching it soon :)

Since the last time I've posted, a lot has changed. I'd like to give you guys a bit of an update on what I've been up to. I've been attending SCAD as a SEQA student for a term now and I'm loving every second of it.

I don't have time to post everything I've been doing, but I will definitely get around to it sometime. This term is called the 'bootcamp' courses and they basically slam you with work, but it's been fun! These are some in-class assignments I've done from our introductory courses. I've definitely been learning a lot.

I'd like to work on my webcomic this summer and put some of that into practice.

Hey guys, just a small update. Hope everyone has been well!

Rest of the comic -

Figure studies from a few weeks - Some from online, some from life
Also some Vilppu studies

This week has been crazy hectic, but at least it's the weekend. One more week and the term is over too!

Covers I did for a short comic we need to finish by next week

Inks

This one is just inks, pencils done by my friend Quan. Was a lot of fun!

Not much time to figure draw or sleep these last few days. I'll post some studies soon though =D

Consistent work, good job! Very good idea to do some reference and then memory work! I actually just started doing that (I lost a lot of good habits xD) and I think it's really effective if you doi it consciously.
I really like your inking skills! Although (and I'm not a master in inking whatsoever) there's one thing I notice that might help you make your images stronger. Your lines have pretty much all the same "strength". You seem to already have spotted that on your own, but they seem to not vary so much in width and so I think you're losing some important "weight" and even more the sensation of perspective in some of your scenes.
What do you think about tryingto keep your lines a little bolder for what's on the foreground (closer to us) and decrease it as it recedes in the background? :)
Anyway, keep the hard work going!

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Omg this is amazing!! ;D I love it!

Aspiring visual development artist for Nintendo!

Constructive criticism and opinions are always appreciated, please check out my Sketch Book.

You really pushed up a level with these recent comic pages. Hope more people stop by to visit your work. Your inks in the last one came out great. Great attitude and doin a terrific job in here.
@LaleAnn - Thanks for the critique and compliments! =D Yeah, I find that doing memory exercises really helps me cement the ideas in my head. Otherwise, it won't stick. As for the line variation, I appreciate the tip! I'm working on it, but it seems to be evading me still, haha. ;_; moar practice for me. I definitely like the bold to thin for showing the space receding.

@Kir - <3 Thanks bud. Welcome aboard!!

@Dennis Kutsenko - Thanks so much for the kind words! They mean a lot! :D
---

Hello everyone! Here's some of what I've been up to so far this summer.  So much to do! :D Summer class starts tuesday for me so I'm pumped!

I've been trying to get through the vilppu videos I have.

End of term stuff

Vilppu studies

Some figure drawing stuff-

Holy actual flying circus pig o___o
HOW THE FLAP HAVE I NOT SEEN YOUR SKETCHBOOK BEFORE, EROQUII?!?~

I'm lost for words, the improvement you made from May to June has been incredible! Yeaaa, no doubt you're learning a tonne in these courses you're attending, as well as having fun with them, because damn man, these comics are outstanding!

Gorgeous work, keep doing your thing,
I've subscribed to your thread because I can't wait for another update <3

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Inspiring improvement my friend, I wanna see more.

sooooo slick comic pages.... For your gestures, do try to simplify the limbs say, a leg, with just two lines for like the thigh. Draw two lines for the cylinder on what you feel is most correct quickly, then try to work the perspective in. If you do that enough, you'll be able to simplify alot easier. Cartoonists like
http://livlily.blogspot.com/2010/11/mode...wings.html These people Do it really well. Love to see where you end up!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
really awesome improvement man and good on the vilppu studies, they'll help you out alot i'm sure :).

indeed so , such improvement is fasciinating, your focus seemed to be comics and stuff. have you read about scott mclouds making comics? its an awesome book

omg, sdfsdfdsfdsf. WHAT IS THIS!? you guys made me so happy. so much positive feedback! :D

@smrrfette - Awww, thank you so much! I don't know... I guess i'm a ninja. a ninja that fails at updating. That made me so happy to hear though, honestly.  I look forward to seeing your work as well! You've worked so hard over the years and it's very inspirational.  I still remember you from CA :p

@crackedskull - Thank you!  I'll do my best to remember to update, haha.

@fedodika - Thanks so much for the kind words! I'll keep that in mind when i do gestures! I'm having a hard time with line economy.

@triggerkingpig - Thank you! I definitely will =D

@kurtjeremy - Thank you so much! That means a lot! I've skimmed through some of his stuff. I have his book somewhere =D I'll look through it again.

---
Hullo! Small update for last two days

Trying to finish the head anatomy videos. I'm almost done.

Yesssssssssss, you know what I love seeing - an artist that isn't afraid to keep studying the
fundamentals <3
Those perspective cubes are gonna help out a tonne! They're ninjas in training people, similar to yourself and posting lol

Keep it up man! Looking forward to mooooooress!

P.s. Hahaha wow, CA times... I can't believe that, I only posted there for like a month or something?

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
That's some improvement I'm seeing, your work.
I don't really have anything to say, you are praccticing the right things, maybe watch out of the size of the back of the head, it might be taller than you think.

Good work

@smrr - =D yeah, the basics are always important! ahahaha

@gilger - Thanks bud! You've helped me notice the back of the head and neck connection ;D

---

Some stuff from last two days =D

awww wyou draw da girlies cuuute, i like that wrestler guy too!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Thank you, Fed! <3 Girls are a lot of fun to draw!

---

Had to go to a friend's thingy yesterday so not much to show for yesterday. I found a new direction I want to take for studies. :D

still a ways to go on my mannequins! moaaaaaar studies.