Effective learning
I can really relate to this, ( coming from more than 4 years of ineffective self teaching.)

" Those days we spent staying late at the studio to do additional studies when we were already tired didn't actually do much for us" I used to this all the time even if was tired to go on, because of the ca mentality you mentioned " the more you suffered, the more bragging rights you got" I lived this way until recently where i just couldn't do it anymore, so now im trying to slow down and have fun while doing this, because as you sed when you enjoy something the learning process becomes easier and much more fun.

"Lack of clarity when understanding the principals of drawing and painting. We often hear people talk about 'fundamentals' but what about them?" Can also relate there are so many tutorials on many subjects,but almost none of them tackle how to approach the fundamentals and what goes on behind them and how to use them and it is not very complex information its fairly basic , but they must be explained clearly.

In the end challenges are important, but within reason and not overdo it.

So yeah very good points and this kind of information should be spread around more, i feel the Ca.org mentality did more harm than good to most people.

Messages In This Thread
Effective learning - by Tristan Berndt - 08-17-2016, 03:25 AM
RE: Effective learning - by Hobitt - 08-17-2016, 04:37 AM
RE: Effective learning - by Adam Lina - 08-17-2016, 05:16 AM
RE: Effective learning - by Amit Dutta - 08-17-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Effective learning - by Artloader - 08-17-2016, 09:20 PM