Sula's Sketchbook
DAyum, that last portrait is so cool - i love the soft tones and brushes! Great to see that you are working real hard. May i ask, do you still find it useful to do line work practice on a daily basis or do you exclusively work with form only these days?

@Smrr: haha thank you <3 I'm trying. It's still a bit awkward, but it's better :)
@Kimonas: thanks man <3 Yeah, actually, I DO use lines and I had just made the decision to go back to pencil for sketches - and give digital sketching a rest. (which gave me trouble because I'm on the middle of a huge client project and my scanner just died). I love lines and they are a bit less awkward when done traditionally, so I'm going to investigate with that helps in the end.

Here is a quick sketch, sort of a study of how Mike Azevedo works:
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-117.jpg]

That is some sexy yellow background right there. If I may offer a small critique, I don't, however, think the violet/indigo should be so saturated. It might look more atmospheric if it was just a touch duller (if the yellow ambient light affected the rest of the colours, not just the backlit areas)

@Patrick: thanks man! Fixed it on the original post :)

Here is today's soul-searching thingy
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-118.jpg]

:)
Freelance work I am free to preview.
A bunch more to go~ Then color!

[Image: SB-268.jpg]

Woah woah wooahh
This freelance work looks like its from freaking Skyrim!
Sick stuff so far, looking forward to more updates of it :)

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
That's an awesome sketches Sula! will we see that stuff in color?

The soul-searching thingy is pretty cool ! I really like the colours and lighting :)

@Smrr: :hug: thank you :D I'm having so fun studying all the different subjects. Today it was snakes, made me want to draw dragons haha
@Caisne: Thanks bro! I'm not sure when I'll be able to post those, but if I know the author he won't take long before previewing thing. So March-ish? I still have a bunch to go, so it's going to be a full ride until June, actually :)
@Maggie: thank you <3

A bit of sketching to unload after work, listening to that Joseh Campbell video Amitt linked.
Still trying to be more artful with value decisions.
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-119.jpg]

Lots of great experimentation and varied work, very nice.

Very nice things here, inspiring.

@Pindursky: thanks man :D
@Warre: thanks <3

Hope you guys don't mind I keep dropping my sketches here.
My studies are all traditional, and meh.. scanning :p

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-120.jpg]

Fem!Loki looks very sexy~ as do all those pencil drawings! I see some running bacons!

Focus.
Juicy stuff as always :) Excited to see that freelance work! How dare you tease us.

Ooh what a tease! So curious to see more of that client work!

I don’t think anyone will ever mind you dropping anything here, haha :) I feel like you’re really getting a grip on your edge work now - getting a nice mix of strokes and crispness in your work.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@Meat: haha yep! Angry bacon painting incoming :p
@Pnate: :hug: thanks bro!
@Lyraina: <3 Yay! Thank you!

Here is today's study that turned into something else.
I ended up testing how far I can push it out of the direct ref without it breaking.
I'm a bit worried about being too airbrushy, but I like the effect in the end.

[Image: Photo-study-90.jpg]

Ahh I love your thread. It's always so inspiring. And you keep improving all the time. Great!
Really like your use of light on the throne piece!

@Tamaira: <3 Thank you!

Likeness is hard :<
[Image: Photo-study-91.jpg]

Some warm-ups before work.

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-121.jpg]
[Image: Enviro-30.jpg]
[Image: Enviro-31.jpg]

I like that last landscape you got there in the lastest post, feelin the "less is more", also with that grainy texture almost looks like it was traditional.