Lizardman's art journey to glory!
Some more studies and another Leyendecker study. Also working on a Squirrel Mechanic character.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think in your study of the man face there proportion and angle measurement issue that take away the likeness you could have captured.I am give you an advice when there a nice frame like this in your reference use it to find negative shape this will atleast give you a much better accuracy for the outside shape and afterward you can work from the outside in.It much easier to compare point that are near a verticale or a horizontal line and mirror it.I recommend going much slower will working on the head due to how organic and subtile the feature are.Alway try to compare your line against your nearest best mark.

Here a fast example of how you can start to lay in some form and map the negative shape .

I recommend to start your observation where you object is the closest to the frame because those to me your starting point.It would be a much harder task to go from middle point toward the outside in my opinion.

A good way to capture negative space is to squint your eye as to reduce the noise of the subject so you can see the negative shape much clearler.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Small update, will be doing more Proko anatomy stuff for next time. Some anime crap, another study, this one being for Sargeant and some dumb Zeldaish piece. Been busy with other stuff which is why I haven't posted in a while.

Attached Files Image(s)

Soem Inktober stuff and other crap, will post more anatomy stuff soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Excellent linework on the Inktober studies, very well done. Some cool character designs and concepts as well, my favorite is definitely Blade, love the expression there!!

Smallish update

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work man! Lovely comic book art!

Here are some input/suggestions that came to mind for me when I checked out your artworks. Hope it helps:

More stuff, need to start doing more anatomy stuff and perspective stuff soon. Feel like I've been neglecting that. Should also draw more portraits as well from life.

Attached Files Image(s)

Small update working on a little project and made a progress thing on my work from last year to this year.

Attached Files Image(s)

I loved just having a stroll through here.
Some dog skeleton stuff and other crap, have more free time now so I'm going to spend more of my times working on anatomy and probably start ctrlpaint.com lessons.

Attached Files Image(s)

Try to avoid tangente there one where the back leg and the coat bottom meet.For the head the ears just look sloppy honestly gotta show more love to those ears.

Other than that i think you have a nice gesture most of the folding look convincing but i doubt you would see no tention at the elbow but there nothing wrong about simplifying or leaving a bit of space for the eye to breath just remember that inside the arm it tend to create fold and at the elbow it tend to create tention of course that a matter of the thickness and the thighness of the fabric over the object so always remember to study different fabric with different level of those two characteristic.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Good anatomy studies man ! your structure improved too ! you're on the right track, keep doing you !
Last update of the year! Been getting lazy because of the holidays, going to be a very busy January since I am planning on working and finishing my first Conceptual Art piece. Will be posting update very so often.

Attached Files Image(s)

Anatomy studies are just getting better and better, well done! Great work on the values of the last two images as well, really well done there. Keep it going!

Small update, did this Final Fantasy 6 fan thing and am currently working on my first big concept art character! So far, I've got her civilian design and did some concepts of her alter ego/superhero helmet design. So yeah, still doing experimenting.

Attached Files Image(s)

Character designing - how much fun! Iterations are so helpful in nailing down a design, so I encourage you to keep exploring until you're out of ideas.

What are your intentions with the character? Is she for animation, games, comics, etc.
Kind of don't know tbh. I guess a comic or a video game. Basically by day she's a high schooler who's into journalism (That's why she carries a camera) and by night she can merge with a demon bird where she dons badass underworld armor and hunts demons and other evil creatures. I might do a short comic that might go with a video game. Anyway, you'll be seeing more of her in the comic days and hopefully more anatomy studies.
Smallish update, designed her alter ego and familiar and working on a colored piece.

Attached Files Image(s)

Your latest character design looks really great! I really like the design, the dynamic poses, and the presentation! Don't really have a crit atm, so I'm just gonna say: Great work! And keep up the momentum! :)