Lungcell's draws and paints
@Adam Lina, wreck and JDM
Thanks guys!

Here are some sketchebook pages from Christmas. Some people of the woods!

Leaving the sketchbook aside for a bit and really focusing on trying to get better at values. I'm painting these from colour photos and then taking notes on how I did Wisecracker

Some slightly older colour studies of Paranorman and a terrible imaginative portrait of Lady Jessica from Dune haha:

I LOVE the style of your line drawings in your sketchbook. Nicely done!

Thanks pindurski, that's really nice of you to say! Blushing

Been focusing a lot more on value studies, painted from coloured reference. A few quick 10 min ones trying to guess the values beforehand and then seeing how well I did afterwards. These are pretty hard haha. I hope when I can stronger at them I will be able to move more confidently into colour. Critique me please :D

And a personal thing I'm doing for my workmates game :)

Good job on the values!

I think you should also do studies from grayscale images rather than only from coloured pictures. It's good to learn what the colours' values are, but the saturation of them can be very misleading as can the colour picker in photoshop

Read this if you haven't already so you can look at colour pictures in their true values
http://www.artofscholes.com/checkingvalues/

But you can also study just straight up grayscale photography. It's lit and exposed in a way so that the values alone exclusively tell a story, whereas colour photography also has the benefit of using colour and saturation separation

I looooove your sketchbook pages. I can't believe I've missed your work till now.

Thumbs Up 
Oh man I just read through your sketchbook and you're improving so fast. Hell yeah great job!!

Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw Eat Sleep Draw
Great to see you working on the values, as Patrick said, try to do more studies from b&w images, It's gonna be very effective.

Keep it up ! : )

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
A new page from my sketchbook - you've all been so nice about my lines, thank you :D Here are some life drawings from a recent workshop, and some value studies again. I also managed to finish that fanart, which is a big deal for me. I find it very difficult to finish paintings, because I'm pretty scared of the process…

Patrick & Shinokami - Thanks so much for your advice guys :) I've started doing some studies now from b/w images and I can definitely see the difference, just on how they're set up. Some of these are from Editta Sherman. Thanks for the link on value too!

Vivianus & Mate - Thank you guys :D

Those lines man and those gestures are amazing! Non stop improvement! :D

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
hi! :)

your sketchbook is.... just wow o.O

your portraits are soooo good! i cant wait until i get half as good at those!

Since were in the same country i'm going to find you and steal your talent, keep an eye out Shock

Haha, thanks Whiskey glad you like em dude :D What part of Ireland do you live in?? It'd be cool to meet up sometime!

LaleAnn I'm sorry I missed your message! Thank you for stopping by and encouraging me  Blushing

Here's some updates from recently. Getting back on the values again. Trying to do 100 female faces too… Starting to look at Moebius's design work too. I like the way he contrasts clumps of details with big open spaces. He does it in his landscapes and in his costume designs too I think.

Hey Niall!! I didn't know you were on here, awesome stuff!!!

Gavin! I didn't know you were on here either, haha :)

--
Here's a dark elf girl I made for the portfolio!

very cool sketchbook!
Waaah l'm loving your sketchbooks :D

I think your renderings need the most work right now but you seem to be taking care of it pretty nicely, so I can't wait to see where this goes!

meeko: thanks you :)
prospass: thank you so much for the crit :D You're right about the rendering, so I'm really going to focus on that from now on. I'm glad you like my sketchbooks too haha.

--
I did a couple of face studies and some short colour studies, trying to focus on skin at the moment and applying stuff. A big issue I have at the moment is studying but never really applying stuff or making any illustration pieces, because I think I'm nervous that the results will suck. But then after a while I get anxious because I feel like I'm not making any tangible progress, you know?

Looking good! Your skin tones look great :)

You should really find the courage to do more personal work if you're feeling stuck in the safe studies environment, that's the only way you'll make some good progress. It's ok if it sucks at first, there's no arm done, and that'll show you what you really did and did not understand.
Using your studies as references (instead of photos or whatever) may be a good compromise to get you back on track :)

Gogogo!