Need more mana!
Not much happened this month, mainly client work and procrastination. Oh the Amit Dutta's mentorship started so I'm participating in that too! Check it out here: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6851.html

• Consistently update this thread (monthly)
Aye
• Provide evidence of improvement
-
• Reduce the amount of bad habits
+
• Get rid of some addictions (Ex. YouTube)
+-
• Eat healthy
++
• Exercise
-
• Read/listen to more books
+++
• Have at least 15 finished personal piece till the end of the year
2/15
• Overall get better at drawing and painting
+
• Get sustaining at freelance
+-
• Start learning to play on a piano
-
• Improve on anatomy
-
• Improve on colour
-
• Improve on line quality
+-

I'm taking part in Amit's mentorship, check it out!
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6851.html

• Consistently update this thread (monthly)
Aye
• Provide evidence of improvement

• Reduce the amount of bad habits
-
• Get rid of some addictions (Ex. YouTube)
-
• Eat healthy
++
• Exercise
-
• Read/listen to more books
-
• Have at least 15 finished personal pieces till the end of the year
2/15 (digitally created)
• Overall get better at drawing and painting
+
• Get sustaining at freelance
+-
• Start learning to play on a piano
+
• Improve on anatomy
+
• Improve on colour
-
• Improve on line quality
+

Alright! New Year has shined upon us! 2015 was bumpy year with a lot of improvement. Some goals were completed more than others, for example, even though I finished 4 personal pieces (out of anticipated 15) I did at least a hundred of inked personal pieces. The 15 pieces resolution turned into a hybrid between the digitally crated ines and inked ones. I updated this thread constantly (expect November) and improved my line and colour work. The freelance in 2015 was inconsistent enough to make a proper living, though much more gigs than in 2015. The projects were canceled, postponed and completed, I discovered the dynamism of the freelance world! So much learned and so much to learn. Books had been read, healthier diet has been integrated into the lifestyle (MOAR SALADS). Overall 2015 was a decent year, lots of new experiences that made me a stronger personal. But a lot to be done still need to kick my butt to work harder on 2016!

------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Resolution!

Now lets dig into 2016!

This year I want to make it simpler then before. I'll concentrate on one sentence this time and tell about the progress in about a monthly basis.

Consistent, faster and better artwork for sake of sanity and freelance.

Here is a bit of explanation of it:

Consistent - what I mean by consistent that I should always have something to work on. Finished a project? Start a new one the next day. That way I would get trapped into waiting weeks before starting anything else.

Faster - it has been bugging me for years. It always takes me ages to finish a piece, like 1-3 months. The speed wont come immediately, but I will be more conscious of what am I doing and catch myself when I'm just "pixelpushing".

Better - better.

That's about it! Go hard on yours resolution too! We are in it together!

Hello there! Long time no update. I feel like coming out of hibernation. :)

I have been very busy. Busy with work! I achieved my goal and started to work at Goodname Digital Art Studio here in Vilnius. Consistency came with work, project after project and with tight deadlines.
Overall done everything I wanted for this year, but still need to keep it up.

It's awesome that you achieved the goal of finding work in the art industry! A great example of what can happen when a person works consistently at honing their skills.

Good luck and keep on living the dream dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-15-2016, 08:51 PM)Artloader Wrote: It's awesome that you achieved the goal of finding work in the art industry!  A great example of what can happen when a person works consistently at honing their skills.

Good luck and keep on living the dream dude!

Thanks a lot dude! Really apprieciate it.

Hello there.

I can't believe it's already the last day of 2016. Nevertheless that means its time to be taking a look back of what has been achieved, experienced, learned.

Even though at the start of the year commissions were hard to come by for me it made me look harder. Nothing major happened until I was lucky enough to have a friend who shared an ad on one of the facebook groups. It was for a job opening in a studio. Back in March I had a privilege to start to work in a Vilnius based studio: Goodname. From there everything started to go uphill. The learning curve at first was intense, but that made me faster, more efficient at photoshop and honed my drawing skills to a great extent! It was a bumpy yet enjoyable road.

When I was writing the 2016 resolution I had an idea in my mind how I would achieve the goal, with a lot success being discovered and people commissioning me more and more. I never thought that I would get a studio job this early in my career and would lead me through a similar path towards the 2o16 goal. It was a truly great year for me, no doubt.

------------------------------------------------------------

The simple concise sentence in 2016 worked well, so I'll do it this year too.

Do not half-ass.

To expand on what it means: I noticed that when doing something (not necessarily art) I tend to go to a point where I say to myself it's good enough and leave it as is. Even though it wasn't good enough at the first place.

Other thing I tend to do is start a piece, get hyped about it and start it off wherein the process was rushed, poorly picked/executed. After trying to save the artwork for numerous hours or days I rage and drop it entirely.

Let's see how it goes! Hope you made decisions too (would love to hear them)!

P.S. Happy New Year!

Awesome dude! Sounds like you grew a lot this year :). Hope 2017 is even better for you!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(01-02-2017, 04:56 PM)Artloader Wrote: Awesome dude!  Sounds like you grew a lot this year :).  Hope 2017 is even better for you!

Thanks a lot! Will do my best :)

Congrats on your studio job man, well done. Now don't slack off :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(Couldn't log in properly for few days, treat it like I posted it on New Year lol)

Happy New Year! By now it became a tradition for me to write this on New Years. :)

This time I want to make a retrospective not only of 2017, but for the whole Deathline thread. I'll try to be concise.

Firstly - 2017. The goal was to not half-ass, meaning to push everything beyond "good enough" to great. The results were different whole year round, some aspects of life went much better than in former years, although other aspects stayed stagnant. If I would rate it I would give 6 potatoes out of 10.

One of the biggest highlights of the year was a month long trip to Indonesia, with a stop in Dubai. It was quite of an experience. I could afford the trip because I was lucky enough to get more commissions than usual thanks to friends who decided to bring me on some projects.

Another big highlight for me was going to Promised Land my first workshop. The workshop let me meet new people as well as to see old friends. The seminars were interesting as well, overall a fun experience.

Secondly - DeathLine thread. Last week looking through from the start of the thread (2013 01 01 WOW!) I noticed a lot of not finished goals. It's been 4 years already and most of those goals are still relevant to me right now... Incomplete, but relevant. This leads me to 2018.

--
Finally - 2018. I'm going to be a bit dramatic and call this year "Enough is enough". This year I'm going to finish goals I started so long ago. Expect frequent and more precise goal statuses in the near future.

P.S. Thank Amit! I apologize for the late reply.