Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff
Continuing the painterly sketching practice. I also tried out the recording feature in procreate, which is really fun!

More quick sketching on the ipad with process video:

Some recent work and sketching

I like your portrait, they are very expressive. Baldur's gate vibe xD The composition of those and drawing is already good, I think you should start blurring a bit more some edge (the background for example) and add bit more material texture and details
@Baldgate Thanks! You´re right, they could use more details, texture and edge control, but these are just sketches to me as I´m trying to get a grasp on sketching with no lines, only blobs of paint and sculpting out what I want.

Some more quick portrait practice. This time I portraited my recent pen and paper RPG party. There´s the spymaster, the goblin, the ugly dwarf twins and the blood shaman

Aahhh okay!

Real nice stuff, love these !
The trashking, done for a video for april fools day

Here´s some fun practice stuff: Paint a blob of colour without lifting the brush and without looking. Then find a face inside the blob (kind of like cloudgazing) and use just 3 values and simple brushstrokes to form it out. Takes only up to 5 min. I also took one of the so generated faces and fleshed it out a bit more. It´s fun and sparks creativity 

Illustration of a demon, who collects bones of worthy enemies, called the bonewasher

(04-16-2019, 10:12 PM)Elderscroller Wrote: Illustration of a demon, who collects bones of worthy enemies, called the bonewasher

Hell yeah! dude awesome work! Alot of great stuff on your sketchbook all over. Cool name too, elder scrolls 3 was my jam back when it came out on PC. I gave up friends and chicks (chix dood!) for like a year to live in that game. Best game ever made, other than dark souls.
Anyway your work is great and the bonewasher might be a wierd name ;-), but the concept is super cool. Like the predator!
(09-11-2013, 06:22 AM)Elderscroller Wrote: Color study for armor/rusty metal in diffuse daylight

Original image: http://keirea.deviantart.com/

Sorry to post again but damn! Your color and light studies are so good! are you doing mostly freelance stuff?
I like that idea with blobs, definitely want to try as well :)
Native americans are my favs from this page, look most natural to me :)

@SufferDriver: thanks very much! When I´m not painting for myself, I do occasional freelancing, yes.
@neopatogen: thanks a lot, I really recommend the blob thing for a nice creative spark (especially when sitting in front of a blank canvas :)

A new demon illustration: the wishmaster

As my ipad corrupts me into more painting and less drawing (I´ve not been pencil drawing for quite some time now.....), I decided to do some exercise sketch drawing on the ipad at least. Here´s a chilling gandalf

Wanted to do another LotR character digital drawing, so here´s bored Gimli...

new demon illustration, this one´s for ill-growth 

Practice render of my digital drawing of gimli. I wanted to see what I could make of it without using reference and implementing a story element. I call it "Gimli, don´t make such a fuss!"

Been to the art history museum in Vienna and did some studying and plein-air there. After that I tried to apply what I learned from the study of Frans Hals onto my own painting 

An alternate version of the bonewasher demon, less undead looking, more of a chaos overlord