Hey Everyone!
Hi there,

My name is Jade and I’m totally new to the whole digital art scene! I mainly work in 3D with all sorts of media in my own little studio at home, but I’m a ceramicist at heart. But through the colder months in rainy England I felt like switching it up a bit and focusing on illustration and concept design (indoors) :)

So Recently I bought myself a drawing tablet as it’s always been something that has intrigued me, but really I had no clue how to use it once I got it home and out of the box! So naturally I was searching for help or tutorials on YouTube and I stumbled upon Dave Rapoza’s Knight sketch tutorial and that was it, hooked! What an inspiration!!

So that’s how I got here, I would say I definitely have a long way to go, especially with learning how to use photoshop. My spatial awareness and 3D way of thinking do seem to help somewhat, but I have a lot of good books on illustration and composition to get stuck into.

I’m looking forward to getting the chance to be inspired, gain motivation and possibly receive some critiques and feedback along the way in order to grow an improve as an artist.

Thanks, nice to meet you all x
Hey Jade, cool you found your way to the daggers! Seems like you already have a good plan on what to do, I'm curious to see what you come up with!

Hey Foxflake and thanks, me too!
Hey Jade, welcome to the daggers! :)

(01-10-2013, 04:17 AM)Laura_H Wrote: Hey Jade, welcome to the daggers! :)

Aww well Thank you Laura.
Looking forward to getting a sketchbook up soon ;D
Hello Jade, welcome to the Crimson Daggers, can't wait to see a sketchbook put up, maybe stick in some of your past work, I'de be interested in seeing that :D

(01-17-2013, 09:02 PM)Jaik Wrote: Hello Jade, welcome to the Crimson Daggers, can't wait to see a sketchbook put up, maybe stick in some of your past work, I'de be interested in seeing that :D

Hey Jaik, thanks for the warm welcome! Your enthusiasm is a helpful nudge to get some stuff up soon!! ;D I'm working on bits and bobs at the min trying to get used to working with a tablet, it’s not coming easy! But great idea about putting up past 3D work I didn't know if that would be interesting!? Personally I find looking at a broad variety of mediums helpful; I don't like to narrow my gaze too much. Maybe that my problem jack of all trades master of non haha :)
Hey Jade, Definitely post up some of your 3d work :D Art takes all forms and all that stuff :D <3
Admittedly it takes a little while to get used to a tablet (it took me a couple of weeks or so getting re-collaborated to a tablet lol)

I'd recommend going into your tablet settings > mapping > force proportions so when you draw, it doesn't make you draw ovals irl instead of circles... it happens D:

I'm excited to see your work and will be interested in seeing some sculpts once you're used to your tablet :D