Razer Nostromo : Possible shortcut tool for painting?
An interesting alternative for your avarage keyboard.. found it here:

http://wildweasel339.deviantart.com/jour...2#comments

This mouse is obviously designed for gaming but fully bindable.
Looks ridiculous yet i just ordered one :p I'll let you guys know if it stands up to the keyboard.

Thoughts?

It would be a very nice substitute for your keyboard.
It can never replace it though, you will always have a few keys that still require to be pressed
Having it next to your tablet certainly increases the amount of macro's/hotkeys that can be programmed but when using a cintiq I feel it becomes absolete because of the 8 express keys and you will be holding the edges opposed to an intuos which lies down.

-Sjuu
I just want one !

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Got one! pretty fun to play around with, i'm using the analog stick on the side to change brush size.
got the most important things for me on the four right keys such as flipping canvas,brush,eraser and eyedropper.
I have yet to figure out how to bind mupltiple key commands like ctrl - alt - z ,ect.

You are right Sjuu, its by no means a replacement for keyboard or cintiq. ( im using an intuos 4 )

I've been using the Belkin N52 with photoshop (as well as gaming) for several years. I work with my Left hand on the Nostromo, stylus in the right, I very rarely have to touch the actual keyboard. In my opinion it is a definite productivity booster.

-Lumens! There is a bind macro option, although it appears a bit more laborious than with my older model.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4366248747

Also if you search for photoshop profiles for the Nostromo, you might find someone has already created the bindings you need.
Whew, thank you Dave and Dennis for bringing back the forums.

Cheers Mig! i can confirm that the methods posted in that link work.
The ability to use more complex commands with a single button press is a plus.

Where can I get that one???
Dude! That looks sooo rad. I totally want to try that out now, haha!
Daarken uses it and he says its awesome :) i´d take his word for it.

My Sketchbook

I shall live forever or die trying.
Shame it's only for right-handed :( But I really like idea to use "gamers" keyboard as shortcut tool for painting. Anyone can recommend something for left handed?

I'm right handed though i wonder about this too.

(06-09-2013, 08:21 PM)Madzia Wrote: Shame it's only for right-handed :( But I really like idea to use "gamers" keyboard as shortcut tool for painting. Anyone can recommend something for left handed?

Razer and Stillseries are doing stuff for left and right handed. Razer actually are working on Naga mouse for left-handed. Or they released it already, I'm not sure.

Pretty funny stuff to play with. But nothing can be better than keyboard and actuall knowledge about shortcuts.
(06-11-2013, 01:35 PM)Typhon Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 08:21 PM)Madzia Wrote: Shame it's only for right-handed :( But I really like idea to use "gamers" keyboard as shortcut tool for painting. Anyone can recommend something for left handed?

Razer and Stillseries are doing stuff for left and right handed. Razer actually are working on Naga mouse for left-handed. Or they released it already, I'm not sure.

Pretty funny stuff to play with. But nothing can be better than keyboard and actuall knowledge about shortcuts.

Yeah but it's not about mouses but about keypads, this small keyboards with customizable buttons like Razer Nostromo. It's additional accessory. If you are lefthanded your right hand is placed close to left ctrl on keybord so most of the time you're crossing your hands to use shortcuts. That's pretty uncomfy so I'm interested in symmetrical Keypads but still didn't see any worth mentioning :(

I actually found pretty nice alternative :D My friend lent me Logitech G13. It's almost the same price http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NEK2GE
[Image: logitech-g13-gameboard-gaming-mouse-detail.jpg]

It is still for righthanded but profile is much more symmetrical and mini joystick fit for little finger :D

I figure you guys may find this vid useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8SBel9xqR8

Very cool having the undo/redo set to the wheel.
Anyone can recommend something for left handed????