Jordy's Sketchbook with Art Stuff
[Image: 2014-05-30_17-18-52.png]

Dragondeer!

[Image: 2014-05-31_16-45-26.png]

That pooh and robin piece is amazingg lawll And nice rendering on that last dragondeer, the lighting and structure is spot on. As for crits, it looks like hands may be one of your neglected areas, so maybe more hand studies? Also, your heads look like they tend to be just a tad large, so maybe just keep it in mind. Lots of goodness in here, keep going at it man!

Out of curiosity, did you get that cintiq on ebay? I've been looking into getting a cintiq because it never really feels natural with the Intuos, but not sure if it's possible to get a cheap 12wx or if it's more worth it to get the 13hd.

Such cool colors man! :O Love your stuff! Concepts, rendering, values...damn, I wish I had something more to say than the regular fanboy stuff. Anyway, lovely post man, keep at it! :)

E-MAIL - [email protected]

PORTFOLIO

Facebook page

othrandir.tumblr.com

othrandir.deviantart.com

Thanks so much !

pnate - nah I bought the cintiq off a friend who didn't use it much, at very cheap price.

sketches!
[Image: 2014-06-07_07-50-13.png]

Found out I can play with screen settings, so I made my entire screen black and white and did a quick photostudy sketch! (randomly picking colours from my b&w colour wheel) this is the result :D lots of fun to get the big "reveal" at the end.

[Image: 2014-06-08_10-13-53.png]

Another one with the same idea!

[Image: 2014-06-08_18-53-15.png]

Another "blind" painting (painted with desaturated screen)

Glyptodon!
[Image: 2014-06-11_13-17-12.png]

Another study! Trying to be minimalistic a bit.

[Image: 2014-06-11_18-42-06.png]

Nice to see your work again mate! :D You're doing great!

I'm not near your level but there's only two things I'd say you should keep an eye on. Seems like you tend to make women's ribcage slightly too wide and long (like the 1st one of this page) and the other point I see you're trying to get better with is edge control..:)

Anyway, keep it up, looking good! :D

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Thanks lale! ;)
yeah definitely focusing on edges lately :) appreciate the crits!

Very quick warmup sketch!

[Image: 2014-06-12_12-45-57.png]

another sketchy sketch!

[Image: 2014-06-12_23-07-01.png]

Dood, I love the painterly feeling over here.. is there a specific mindset or procedure to achieve this? Is it intentional or does it come natural?

I like painterly stuff so that is what comes out :D Dunno what to say man! I surround myself with these types of paintings and people, and my mindset is "oil painting" kind of.

[Image: 2014-06-13_17-59-39.png]

#3 in this series is done :D Hope you like it, crits welcome!

[Image: 2014-06-13_21-01-59.png]

Dwarf young woman sketch :D Inspired by the amazing dwarf portraits done by Even Mehl Amundsen
Been trying to push my realism, this is about my limit at the moment for rendering (I mean I could tighten it but you know what I mean)
Couldn't really figure out how to push it to the next level from mind -- any advanced tips here welcome!

[Image: 2014-06-14_16-12-36.png]

Result from the stream last night! About an hour/1h30. Crits welcome!

[Image: 2014-06-15_17-13-34.png]

I revisited an old painting and tried to make it stereoscopic after Jonas De Ro mentioned Theo Prins on the last Level Up Stream. it was surprisingly easy to get the 3D effect, and man, it really is a special feeling to see a thing I created turn into 3D in front of my eyes. The added depth really makes it feel like I created a world. seems stupid but this is why I paint stuff So cooool to step into this place I made up.
For the people who dont' know what this is, look up cross-eye stereoscopic tutorials - you have to cross your eyes so the images overlap, and eventually you can sharpen one image, and it looks totally 3D and has depth

[Image: 2014-06-15_23-50-41.png]

Quick/unfinished sketch!

[Image: 2014-06-18_06-14-36.png]

Farmhouse!

[Image: 2014-06-21_19-52-52.png]