Jordy's Sketchbook with Art Stuff
Woah man that illusion you did is sooo crazy, my eyes hurt from crossing them lol. Love your paintings, though, keep it up.

thanks haha :)

Portrait of a friend - warmup

[Image: 2014-06-24_18-05-05.png]

orc guy!

[Image: 2014-06-26_18-59-59.png]

Hey all, how do I scifi? Daily practice turned into bidaily because I'm a lazy bum. Comments/crits/feedback very much welcome! Scifi, robots and vehicles are the opposite of my comfort zone.

[Image: 2014-06-28_23-52-15.png]

ELF BEWBS

[Image: 2014-06-30_15-46-18.png]

Hey, awesome stuff here, I like that sci-fi one too. I'm no expert in sci-fi, but when it comes to mind I think of very sharp edges. :)

Nice job on that scifi painting. Comfort zone be damned. I feel weird giving YOU advice but if scifi is hard try studying design and building your form language with mechanical stuff. I found this video by Anthony Jones helpful on how to go about this...

http://www.livestream.com/robotpencil/vi...cc8011c9de

My shot at the D&D art test (character part)
This is the "orc cook". It's conceptartsy, so not rendered to the bone, but besides that I gave this a good shot - any feedback is VERY welcome! My hope is to finally land some work with Wizards :)

[Image: 2014-06-30_20-06-14.png]

Another quick thing from mind :)

[Image: 2014-07-05_23-36-12.png]

Kobold guy design :) Tried a totally different technique for this, anyone like it? Lemme know what you think!
Might give him some clothes/props/whatnot if people dig this!

[Image: 2014-07-07_11-27-33.png]

I love your orc guy! One thing that might help though is adding some sharp edges on his face/key areas.. but the pose, design, light and everything are spot on!
I also like your kobold guy, it's a pretty unusal approach, but thats a good thing IMO. Rock on! :)

thank you kaffer!

Kobold design/concept art update. could use some more personality, anyone got any ideas?

[Image: 2014-07-11_21-06-41.png]

Hey there, really diging on your kobold guy, one really promising design for a character, maybe try something like elder cobold with that long white beard on the chin wearing an old hood, something like that~ :S

Anyways, really nice style and lots of room for improvrment, keep it up :)

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
thank you shinokami!

quick dwarf sketch, they are at their least beardy ages :)
[Image: 2014-07-13_15-05-34.png]

Finished sketch I started on a livestream! :)

[Image: 2014-07-18_08-03-51.png]

[Image: 2014-07-18_08-14-26.png]

I think of all the "eras" of painting you can do, scifi probably benefits the most from having sharp edges. Try tightening up some of the shapes a bit. If you want something to feel very manufactured, hard shapes is the way to go. Theres a reason why hard edge abstraction paintings feel cold and industrial, precisely because theyre only hard edges. Not to say that you should have only hard edges, because they will ruin a good painting, but some nice hard shapes in the focal point at least will go a long way

Also, I feel like the guys arm is blending in too much with the bike, at first glance i thought he was inside the bike (like a car) or that he was leaning on it. So either separate with different hues or increase the contrast between them

And that last sketch is really great dude!

Thank you very much man! Awesome nickname :)

Stuff made for a thing I can't disclose! :) Crits welcome, had a tight timeframe so they are speedpaints, but still!

[Image: 2014-07-18_21-25-25.png]

Photostudy!

[Image: 2014-07-22_22-28-38.png]

[Image: 2014-07-26_08-40-46.png]

And a landscape sketch for once! (no refs, but inspired by a Gurney piece)

[Image: 2014-07-26_08-42-32.png]

Wow, fantastic updates all around! The only crit I would give is that in all of the recent posts, if you just added a few sharp edges, especially in the focal areas, I think it would push what you already put down.