[Image: u6s6.jpg]
[Image: n4dj.jpg]
[Image: ytgu.jpg]
[Image: 4bih.jpg]
todays training
[Image: oaa2.jpg]
Norman Rockwell studies and more to go
[Image: vcyq.jpg]
Sweet stuff man, you've definately improved a lot! I really like how your character in the blue with the big waist-cloth looks like he's actually wearing stuff, it looks solid.

I think maybe you should try doing some of these studies on a neutral grey background, the pure white shines through in a few tiny places in the face at the bottom, and it kinda reminds us of how its painted on a digital pure-white background. If you save the white for speculars or something like that its definately going to pop more if its all on a grey background.

I like your character a lot dude, keep it up!
Thanks, for your interesst and best wishes.

The Archer was definetly one of my favorite characters i´ve done by now. I have spent a ton of time on him.

It may be a good idea to do the studies on a neutral grey canvas, too.
Through those studies are purely for me, it never bothered me that white was shinning through.
When it comes to original character art, i´ll definetly go for the grey background. (The Archer is pretty old and I wasn't aware of how a grey background can help, back then)

Thanks for taking a look in my sketchbook =)
[Image: 5vsf.jpg]
I like your Rockwell studies, did you have high-res reference for those (and would you mind telling me where you found it)?

Of course i´ll tell you.
I found some Rockwell pictures over google art project and used the snipping tool to cut them out.
I´ve also found a colection of him on a download page. I´m going to send you a pm with the link
F529a952 i love those smileys ^^
[Image: n909.jpg]
[Image: bz1j.jpg]
[Image: 4zhj.jpg]
[Image: koyt.jpg]
[Image: 3tx0.jpg]
(09-30-2013, 02:33 AM)Korky Wrote: [Image: bz1j.jpg]

I would try to avoid painting this way. Polishing small details without established overall mood. Even if you paint it from movie frame try to paint from big masses to details not other way around. Guessing the color of smallest spot at first try is good oil technique if you want to copy something 100% accurate (like sill life) but if you want to learn about composition and color interaction I would recommend you to paint with big brushes first.
Consider also posting smaller resolution pictures, they loading already so sloooow.....

Keep practicing! Your whole sketchbook looks really good!

[Image: 8v9x.jpg]

Thanks for taking your time Madzia.
Yeah it is some kind of bad habit i have when tackling really complex images. I start doing the points of most interest without thinking. The half way through i start hating myself.^^
Going to post smaller images in the future and take your advice by heard.
[Image: 8c48.jpg]
[Image: 3etd.jpg]

A photo bashup - highly worked out.047
[Image: f9gx.jpg]
[Image: ajjx.jpg]

headsketches - need to be finished
[Image: ohkm.jpg]