This Rookie is Silly
[Image: tumblr_mv9258OVkJ1s6dh1ho2_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_mv9258OVkJ1s6dh1ho3_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_mv9258OVkJ1s6dh1ho4_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mv9258OVkJ1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mv9258OVkJ1s6dh1ho5_1280.jpg]

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Cool Storyboard & Character Turnaround sheets.

An Animator?

Those character designs rock psycho! Really solid poses and expressions, looking forward to seeing whatever these two are a part of.

Hey Psychotime! Great style, lovin' the expressions on your characters! There's so much life to them
Keep it up man, also - HAPPY BIIIIIIIIIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAYAYAYAY :D have a great one!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Reworked storyboard samples for my portfolio. There's little context, but critique is always nice. Heads up, they're a bit large, so I used a spoiler.

(10-26-2013, 01:45 PM)Prabu Wrote: Cool Storyboard & Character Turnaround sheets.

An Animator?

Essentially, yes.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Haha, hey, really cool sketchbook! I really enjoyed your sketches and character designs, especially those design notes you did for your characters. And those turnarounds! You really nailed that classic, silly-but-awesome, animated cartoon feel (it's those expressions!).

That storyboard is pretty darn effective also, I can already see an animated short in my head, ha.

Nice characters, man

[Image: sig_vas.png]
Twitter: @evasburg
Livestream: twitch.tv/vasburg
Nice storyboard, man! I love your cartoons!

Nice character archetypes use too!

[Image: tumblr_mxutbgegQQ1s6dh1ho3_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mxutbgegQQ1s6dh1ho4_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mxutbgegQQ1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mxutbgegQQ1s6dh1ho5_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mxutbgegQQ1s6dh1ho6_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_mxutbgegQQ1s6dh1ho2_1280.jpg]

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

[Image: tumblr_my6p4s3YGE1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_my6p4s3YGE1s6dh1ho2_r1_1280.jpg]

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

[Image: tumblr_mz7nk82zbO1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg]

More storyboarding. Only half done or so.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Really cool stuff, I love how you capture the sense of movement in your gesture drawings makes them full of life. Very interesting to see the storyboards too, also the bear guy 2 posts up has a great expression. Keep up the great work!

Fantastic stuff psycho! The boards look totally professional to me, love that upshot in scene 7.

[Image: tumblr_mzkokeeJhB1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg]

Here's the rest of that scene. I'm a little iffy on the script now that I've finished it, but for now it's a means to an end.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

The Unholy Three from those earlier boards. Now it's clear what they're supposed to look like.

[Image: tumblr_mzmkwcxcKJ1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg]

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Cannot express in words how much I love your 20s/30s throwback style cartoon faces!

Just a nitpick, I think it might work nicer compositionally if the direction of Robinson's pose was reversed so his arm led the viewer's eye back into the picture instead of pointing it out.

[Image: tumblr_n0ao8byB7s1s6dh1ho1_1280.jpg]

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

A REALLY stupid doodle, and some attempts at trying out some new photoshop brushes with quick photo studies.

The doodle in question just came from stuff in my sketchbook. Given the whole Shonen Jump thing, for stupid fun I tried thinking up "Stands" for my main characters. Patty's was easy to think up, and so she has Sha Sha, a ranged stand that creates psychic domes of pure silence. Visually it's a mix of Raggedy Anne and Marlene Deitrich's role in Morocco.

Now Calloway gets Dixie Vagabond, a melee stand that's literally attached to his tail...and it's a giant slug. I just found it funny, and no matter what, my brain kept defaulting to it.

To be clear, this is just a stupid doodle.

[Image: Stands.jpg]

[Image: badstudy1.jpg]
[Image: badstudy2.jpg]
[Image: carthing.jpg]

And before I forget (again), one more storyboard sample. This time something standalone that has nothing to do with anything.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Homework for a class with Rad Senchrist. Over the month I'm supposed to build a short story 80-100 panels long (feature style). This idea just felt like something to do.

Here's the quick breakdown of what I have in mind, though I'm not 100% certain how I'll end it.

Cryptzoologist and her camera guy searching for La Chupacabra, with a guide who only tolerates them because they pay well, and has zero interest in this whole thing. They set off on a new lead, they find it but it never gets a clear shot on camera.

The first assignment asked for character designs and general story beats to start off with.

I should point out that la chupacabra is supposed to be able to jump 20 feet in the air. That's part of the legend, apparently.

[Image: shot1.jpg]
[Image: shot2.jpg]
[Image: shot3.jpg]
[Image: shot4.jpg]
[Image: shot5.jpg]
[Image: cryptzo.jpg]

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Oh man that class sounds totally Rad! Pun intended!
Super cool seeing all the recent storyboarding stuff, I've gotta get back to doing more of that myself. Best of luck with the class, Rad seems like an awesome teacher form what I've seen. Looking forward to the stuff you post!!