Improvin'! Check it out!
hey man, great work so far. (I dropped out of school this year also xD)

anyway. I think you don't really have problems with color and/or values as much BUT I'd love to see more drawings from you. Just line you know, because the figures (poses) that are from your imagination seem very stiff to me. (i have the same problem so yeah you're not alone) Try gesture drawings. Do some quick ones, and then longer ones with just line. Really focus on the natural feel of the pose and all that. That's it. You really do have a good eye for color and values (i envy you). keep up the good work man!

@la1uc: Thanks a lot for the crit, I absolutely should be doing gestures, I wasn't doing any until you mentioned it, they're a lot of fun and crazy useful. Thanks again

Here's a couple sheets of gestures from Posemaniacs and Imagination and a WIP

Attached Files Image(s)

Crazy weekend, but here's some stuff from today

Mostly studies and sketches, getting out the rust

Attached Files Image(s)

Some studies and Bloodsports work!

Attached Files Image(s)

Another!

Attached Files Image(s)

Another!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Guys, been a little while, here's a Figure Study and a Sargent Copy!

Attached Files Image(s)

Applying the studies a little, last one for tonight!

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm digging the mullins influence in your recent work.!
Gesture drawings seems helpful though i think you could benefit alot more from doing them traditionally.

some general things i've picked up from people far better at quick sketches than i:

The idea is that you can solve a timed pose in a short amount of time..and great for catching repeating mistakes so you can draw poses better and faster.
never force yourself to try and solve the entire pose at once, if you cant get it all in at once usually the most complex part of the pose is a good place to focus on and start with the torso.
some start with the head and shoulders , some start with torso, spine then arms and legs, head last.

@Lumens: Thanks a lot for the tips! Mullins is absolutely an influence on my work and an inspiration.

It's been a little bit, but heres some stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

Real nice color and value, the improvement so far shows. Wish ya luck with your art :3
Loving the study spam. Try applying the studies too; all of this effort shouldn't be for naught! Make a beautiful sandwich with your beautiful studies.

It's been a bit, here's some things.

Attached Files Image(s)

Excellent studies dude! Inspiring!...I should do more studies :P

You've got some cool edge control goin on in those latest studies! :D Keep it up dude!

Feel free to contact or follow me in these places aswell!

| DeviantArt
| Blog
| Facebook
Awesome painting. That Sargent study was taken pretty far. You should render something out to a finish.

@Sublimus - Thanks a lot! I tend to do more studies than imaginitive work, that's something Im working on changing.

@matt_radway - Thanks so much!

@Ron - Thanks! There was a nice little skill jump along with that painting. :)

Here's some more guys
Tried to apply a Study immediately after finishing it

Attached Files Image(s)

I got the chance to do my first 'Digital' figure painting from life, lots of fun. Also a little armor and a couple little things

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm voting for you if there's ever a competition over who's got the best moustache here.

That model study came out really nice. Never done something like that in a digital format. Just a one time thing or is like an ongoing class?
Much of what you do look pretty traditional in a way. Really like that. You've got awesome edge control !

Some proportions seem a little wonky on your imaginative work. I'm usually seeing it in the legs. Not sure if it's the thickness or the structure undernearth that's creating it. But you could probably exaggerate the concave forms more as practice.

@Bjulvar- Haha thanks a lot, I actually shaved it off recently, but it'll be back soon. Thanks a lot for the nice words and the critique, I've heard that before and will be aware of it.

Here's a couple quick environment studies since I'm bad at them.

Attached Files Image(s)