This is my sketchbook ! D:
Studies studies studies! :) Keep your values SIMPLE at the beginning, the simpler the better. If you can design a readable comp with 4 values or less, you're in decent shape. Loomis talks a great deal about this in Creative Illustration, something I'd recommend taking a look at if you haven't already. Keep up all the hard work!

Demon Lizardman -> Thank you ! :)

Crackedskull -> Thanks a lot :D

MrFrenik -> Hey man ! Thank you ! Yep I was thinking about going back for re-reading creative illutration (Loomis <3), I'll try to make some composition studies as you did on your SB, it was very inspiring, thanks a lot ! :)

Well, quick update, I'll be without computer until saturday (going to see family etc..), I'll be back with a lot of pencil stuff haha :D

WIP, I'll finish it when I'll be back, there's still tons of work on it but I'll try to put a deadline like next sunday, will have the week end to make it..

And new crappy study (Sargent), will keep on doing women portrait, need MORE WORK !! è_é

Hey daggers ! I'm back ! Well, here is the crap I did in my sketchbook while I was with the family..

And now let's get back to WOOOOOOOOORK è_é

Cool girl in the mech suit! Great work!

Hey thank you !

Here's the finished version of the space soviet.. Well I'm not happy at all with her, the composition is terrible, I definitely need to work on it (studiiies !), and the rendering is bad :( In the end it is simple : I need to work harder on the next piece è_é !

and a gouache study, I rushed the cast shadow, didn't made lines and.. it failed haha, will take the time to make lines next time !

Looking good! keep up the studies ;)

Thank you ! :D

So, some new stuff !

WIP character concept for special bloodsport, I'd like to make it have a look of "finished concept" since I'm not used to do it, I'll do this for the three characters !

the shit research stuff related to this

A sketch WIP, something I'm working on sometimes, just for fun, trying things etc.. (it's actually a remake of something veeeery old.. I'll show the before/after if I finish it haha)

portrait study, lack of hard edges !! will be carefuller next time !

and a sketch

Pretty nice stuff over here!
Last portrait and bear concept are really good.
Keep working.

Ooo cool concept for "Sha 'Doe". I can't get over that name lol Can't wait to see your finished image

yeah, for the still life I was going to recommend spending time to make a tight line drawing first, but it seems like you've already discovered that out for yourself. keep up all the studies, man, they're getting better.

Badassky -> Thanks a lot ! (it's a hamster ! :O hahaha)

Pnate -> Thank you mate ! haha yeah same for me, this is just.. well this is Sha Doe ^^

MrFrenik -> Thanks a lot man ! :D

Well, some new stuff, I've been trying a lot of things on those char concepts, didn't finished them fully (still have to make the illustration even if I don't participate "officially"), they ended up quite crappy but I've seen big things to fix so I'll be working on it during the next days.. Hope to improve !

The first one is still a WIP

Still life

Bridgman <3

nice hands man!

Thank you Trevor.S !

Quick update, I had do deal with non art stuff these days, it's crappy stuff, I need to get back on the hard rythm, WORK WORK WORK ! è_é

Sargent study

and scribbles in the train/outdoor

Well, I've done some experiment these days, learned new things etc..

new stuff !

WIP

Studies, last one is an epic-ultimate-horrible-terrible-I-dont-have-enough-words fail, I wanted to rush, don't know why, the good thing is there : I REALLY NEED TO BE MORE CONCENTRATED !

Now stop talking, I want acts è_é

New stuff !

WIP, very frustrating work because it's big crap BUT I feel that I learn a lot with it so I'll finish it and then will try to apply new things on the next piece :) hope I'll achieve to

study

Bridgman <3

let's get back to work è_é

Love me some Bridgman :) and good all around studies. I think what might've helped is to do a lot more thumbnails (value and color) before you finalize a composition and start to put in tons of time into an illustration. You'll actually save time in the long run, much like you would if you were to outline a paper or essay.

Awesome oriental ogre, man! I agree with MrFrenik. I don't believe that it's crap. There's a lot of stuff touching the edges though, you should give him some more space to breathe! Might even want to get rid of the background or tone it down. Any direction you want.

MrFrenik -> Thank you :) ! You are completely right mate, I rushed without planning anything and as Loomis said, planning an illustration is like doing 50% of the job, will have to pay more attention to that, next illustration will be planed ! è_é

Bjulvar -> Thanks a lot ! Yep you are right, same as said MrFrenik the "preparation" has been.. well this is the problem it has NOT been at all haha, will be less dummy next time :D

So.. Here is where I stop the blue ogre thing, feeling that I'd better move on even if it could have much more work on it I am too bored with him, I'll use what I've learned for next piece !

study

and sketchy shit, I went to see the family in Lyon and we went to the zoo (weekend + zoo = maaaaany people around), even if it's big crap I learned a lot about outdoor sketching in very bad conditions, and animals are really hard to do when they are moving all the time haha, so this is quick and dirty work but I feel like have learned a lot with it and will do better on the next try !

Some new work !

Captain iglo thing, crappy but had fun and learned with it, I really need to work more with sharpness and get a better brushwork, LETS WORK HARDER è_é

and again some sketches from life using different medias, learning things etc.. I need to use less water with the watercolors because I lose all the colorful aspect :( will practice more !

Captain badass over there looks awesome. Keep it up Izzual.
Cool to see you working on different medias.