BLOODSPORT 14- BeastMasters!
@forrestimel, really nice job dude. They are looking awesome and read really well at small scale. Couple of crits: the cape in the human mode doesn't really flow very realistically and the folds look a bit too uniform. It also ends right at the crown of his head and doesn't look like it attaches to his shoulder, so it looks a bit off. I am a bit confused by the fur in the foreground. His sword looks a bit tacked on, and I can't really get a sense of how it remains there. These are mostly smallish tweaks I guess.

The creature looks great, but the pose of the legs looks a bit stiff, or too straight or something. Maybe adding a bit of a twist to them to match his body would make it a bit more dynamic? Hope that's useful

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
So I've had a complete mare trying to get what's in my brain out on to the page and at the moment my skills just aren't there so I guess this is the best I can do at the moment, it's all about improving though anyway, aye! I originally just saw her side on against a plain white background with like no colour so maybe I'll do that version just for me when I have time.

[Image: raven_02_by_bethbh-d5ztx3n.jpg]
[Image: magpie_by_bethbh-d5ztx3u.jpg]
[Image: leather_02_by_bethbh-d5ztx4a.jpg]
[Image: murder_02_by_bethbh-d607o3q.jpg]

WIP + studies + sketches and stuff, I hope I'll achieve to finish it let's woooork !

WIP

Studies

sketches

Thumbs

I see that some of you guys have already finished!! Man, i'll be happy if i finish at least the human dude... Just some crappy comps for now...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There's some awesome stuff here. I missed out on bloodsport 13 but hopefully I'll be able to get my shizz together for this one. I'm a long time lurker, but it's time to end that.

My concept is a tribal pirate who shifts into a shark/sea monster using tattoos and maybe a wetsuit to link the two.

Shark Dude

Ehhhhh. Turd polishing time.

Wow! so much great work, can't wait to see the finals. Not sure if I'll finish in time though :s

Woah so many pages with cool stuff again, good job everyone!!

I started yesterday working on my entry....yeah a bit late but I'm gonna spend till last minute I have :D

Here's all I've done so far. Hope you like it!

[Image: bs14sketches1.jpg]
[Image: bs14studiessketches1.jpg]
[Image: bs14studiessketches2.jpg]

man, loved going thru the pages. awesome stuff going on.
its been a painful few days but I'm liking where this is going.
started a couple days ago, but it looks like i won't have time to finish by the deadline;.;
Will still work on them though.

Cheers.

hey guys sweeettttt stuff going on here!

here is my update again! planning on beginning with the beast version very soon !!

any tips n comments are welcome!

[Image: schermafbeelding2013040j.png]

here is a study iv been doing , to figure out how to render the armor.
also doubling as Hw for school

Thank you for great crits Mateusrocha and Monkeybread! I have taken them all into consideration and changed stuff :-)

@Forrestimel, looks to me like you destroyed your old work with this challenge, well done! The head of the human form is maybe a bit sunk in I think, or his shoulders might be too high up, draw the body with lines on top and you'll see what I mean :-)

here are some wips

A quick water splash reference painting. Going to be a couple of late nights to get this finished! Great work everyone!

@isra-ac inspirational! Great stuff, a proper kick in the balls.

Apologies if this question has already been answered but do we need to consolidate all our reference and study pieces for the delivery date or should we just leave them all over the shop in the wip thread?

Thanks in advance.
(04-03-2013, 10:24 PM)croker Wrote: A quick water splash reference painting. Going to be a couple of late nights to get this finished! Great work everyone!

@isra-ac inspirational! Great stuff, a proper kick in the balls.

Apologies if this question has already been answered but do we need to consolidate all our reference and study pieces for the delivery date or should we just leave them all over the shop in the wip thread?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I always send both, the final piece, and an image compiling all the studies/sketches I did for it and some wips :) But keep posting all the stuff in the forums too of course. If anybody else knows if there was any change for the current bloodsport just let us know. That water study looks great btw. Keep it up! :D

I think i´m done with the human form, i would love to spent much more time on it, but deadline is clooose.

Still, i learned tons of things doing this one, the smudge tool is a really powerful rendering tool.

aand one with the magic the gathering template xD

Great work everyone, its great to be part of this challenge with so many good works.

croker: i agree with Isra, that water study is looking neat.

Isra: thats awesome man, not much more to say. :)

WaineChan: the texture and overall mood of your human card is really appealing, however i would revise his anatomy before going further, specially the size of the lower body in comparison with the upper body and head.

Now for the beastform, this should be fun!

Human card ...done... Hope i can make the second one in time :/

Many thanks to Monkeybread, your crit was spot on!

[Image: card+human+2.jpg]
Here's my final render for the humanoïd form. I tried to work on the storytelling and add some fun in the picture.

I spent too much time on this, figuring out how to render the different fabrics so I think I won't be able to make it in time for the deadline but I learned a lot and I'm quite happy with the result.

Does anyone has an idea for the colors I should be using to finish it ?

[attachment=19073]

EDIT : adding some color. Trying to capture a "I just caught you in my house in the middle of the night" vibe. Let me know what you think !

[attachment=19087]
Very quick studies to help with a few niggling textures.