kikindaface learns to draw ... ( daily update ! )
today's stuff : selfportrait day bitches, took a bit more time, about 1h30 ! Photo study, trying to understand how smudge tool and overlay layer works with color ! still experimenting duuuudes ! And poop from mind ( should be more focused and go faster, did only that in 1 hour ..) and quick shoulder's study from mirror and mind ! Have a good week end yall !

Cool stuff, keep pushing it!

thanks crackedskull !

here's sp from today ! didn't sleep this night so was like a zombie today !! i drew eyes smaller than what i was seeing, because i always draw them too big ... aaaanyway , later daggers !

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, you're stuff is really looking up. Your sketches are probably are killer, and super inspirational. Also, your knowledge of light and color is definitely at a good point. I'd have to agree with pnate and Ursula when they say you've got a really strong semblance to Hannes and Jana in your work.

I'd really like to see you put a lot of your energy into a nice strong and finished piece. You've got a lot of stuff in here that's nice but doesn't really read as "finished". I'm sure you're more than capable of creating something awsome!

Good stuff, man! :]

man idontknow if its a coincidence but i see so much early algenpfleger in your work.needless to say great stuff

hey man, nice work. don't avoid drawing the legs, gotta push outside the comfort zone. keep this goin!
Really like the 1st november portrait :D, what I would say is referencing the last pencil portrait watch out for what you exaggerate/under-exaggerate, because the nose & lips looks a bit too big due to the fact that you tried to make the eyes smaller, compared to your painted 1st november portrait. Either way keep up the hard work and I really like your pencil stuff !

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
archreux : thanks dude , i'll do a full illustration next week ! i also want to know how far i can push it before going crazy !

Yuzero : thanks ! Hope i'll get rid of that algenpfleger's look, it's nice to be compared to him but doesn't want to be always refered as " the guys who's work looks like algenpfleger ! " Or at least we wouldn't paint the same kind of things ( i guess .. )

BenFlores ! You got me ! True i'm avoiding legs, will try to study them a bit and stop sucking at them ! Tho i really find that most of the design on a character is happening on torso/hips/arms, and not much on legs, but i still gotta know how to draw them ! Thanks for the kick in the butt !

Egbu : thanks dude ! Yeah, i used to draw eyes a bit big, and just wanted to draw them really small but it ended up shitty ! anyway, thanks ^^

Well, been a few days without updates, i cahnged my ISP, because with the previous one, it was completely fucked off ! Now my connexion seems stable, so i can update again !

today's stuff :

selfportrait (my goal was to really think more and observe more before drawing ! first 2 are in fine liner ! )

monday evening's life drawing session :

a quick value study with only 100 strokes, to learn about brush economy and be more focused on the whole value pattern and structures of the painting ! i guess i failed but it was a good exercise !

and usual sketchbook pages ! Don't feel like i'm progressing with these ! Need to think harder and not be afraid to fail ! i've seen my stuff is not showing confidence because of my fear of failure and my expectations ! i shouldn't expect anything coming from those shitty sketches ! )

Have a good day y'all !

Wow! Love your sketchbook! There's a lot of good stuff here and I can already see that it's gonna get much much better so keep it up! :D
Also that study with only 100 strokes as a way to train brush economy is a pretty cool idea and I should totally try it myself, god knows I need that.
Anyway, awesome job dude! ;)

I really like the latest sketches, inspirational, keep it going, i am looking forward to seeing what you create when you push it further
gravity-zero : thanks ! yeah, trying to go as far as possible with only 100 brush strokes makes you think a lot about the purpose of each stroke ! it's a good exercise !

Vim : thanks dude !

Today's stuff : selfportrait, 2 doodles of 1 hour each, and daily sb page !

Something's weird happening with my tablet, when i draw or paint, the line is messy, with kindof stairs shapes, and i really don't know how to fix that ! Any help is welcome !

hey guys, today's stuff ! managed to fix my line so that's great ! now i should learn to paint ! did a movie still study, which ended up shitty, and usual daily selfportrait and sb page ( tried mutli characters on the same scene, but failed hard ! but was great to try ! )

I feel like i'm less focused on making something perfect and actually more thinking on volume, shapes, pose, etc, so something is finally coming ...

Awesome sketch book bro, keep it up! Subscribed.

You're doing good work , man, just take your time, mind your constructions while drawing (perspective's everything) and everything will start getting easier and easier.

Great linework and anatomy dude. your greyscale paintings are reminding me of the young algenpfleger, awesome.
hey guys, thanks a lot for your comments and critiques ! i don't have much to show today, since the recent temperature drop gave me a flu, and started a part time job by night this week end ! guess how those 2 things killed me for the last few days, was a zombie during my work time and tried to sleep during the day which was really hard, so went itno hardcore zombie mode the next days .... anywa, here my pathetic update, i'm trying to understand why my rendering is so bad, and i guess i found some clues, will explore that path to see where it leads me ! i just wanted to tackle this weakness because i was pissed off my work, as usual !!

Attached Files Image(s)

Your lighting looks spot on. That sucks you got the flu. What I do when I get sick is just bundle up and let myself get really uncomfortably hot for a few hours. Because your immune system works harder when your body temperature goes up. Thats why you get a fever when you get sick. Its pretty uncomfortable but it makes you get over the infection faster and saves you from pain in the long run. Much better than pumping yourself full of medicine which only reduces symptoms and wont help you get over it faster.

thanks dude, i'm feeling a bit better by heatening the apart ^^

today, not much to show, was mainly fixing administrative stuff, like updating my health care, doing pretty boring shit !

but tomorow will be a better day , i hope ! tried to get further on rendering, but it's like i'm always killing my values and shapes, need to pay more attention to that ! Also more observing, i feel like i'm sometimes painting a few minutes in a row without observing my face ! should stick to it ! We'll see tomorow if it's gonna work ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

juggling a job and trying to improve sounds like hell. it looks like you have a good focus on shapes in your drawings. keep on pushing on those fundamentals and studying from life, good luck man.
Benflores : thanks dude ! fortunately, i'll soon have a nice working schedule : drawing all week long, and paid job only week ends ! it'll be great !

today's stuff ! i know it's pretty boring but that's what makes me improve ! i'll also study color a lot more from now ! feeling like i'm improving baby steps .. § I'm also feeling better so i will be more drawing from now !

Attached Files Image(s)