Tristan's sketchbook
Quick landscape and a small design page for Hunt

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Alright! I'm done with this illustration. I could have worked on it forever but at some point I just had to accept that maybe it beat me to some degree.
I am sort of happy with it but it could be better. I'll always aim to make the next image I do even better so I'll apply things learned in this image. Learned a bunch (especially the importance of early planning) so I did get something out of it. I'll need to work on some client stuff but I think the next illustration (apart from studies) will probably be something for the "HUNT" thing I've got going.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Just a study

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Was in the mood to sketch some soldier/knight stuff so I made some more Hunt designs

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Just came back from a business course I'm taking. Gotta get my life on track. Waking up early tomorrow and start getting into a more serious art routine. I've had a cool break with some decent studying in there but everyone else I know is going to university so I better step up too and get cracking on the art thing. Find me and beat me up if I don't.

So here we go.... woho..

Quick landscapes I did last night before falling asleep.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Some more before going to bed.
Good night all

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Good morning world!

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Just colors

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Something quick before going to bed.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
So what I've been doing lately is basically trying to unlearn a bunch of stuff and replace it with better.. um.. stuff. Being more specific, I used to think that the "right" way for me to paint something was the way Dave Rapoza did, because I liked Dave Rapoza a lot. So to some degree I forced myself into working in a similar process that he used because to I wanted to paint like him. Now this wasn't so great because it didn't come naturally and the process wasn't very friendly to me. Now lately (thanks to Gumroad mostly) I've sort of gotten out of that way of thinking and have been trying to re-learn how to paint and focusing on what process is best for the image, rather than forcing the image to fit the process.

It's a stupid thing but I've talked to several people that have or are going through the same thing. Just something to think about if you feel locked into a process or you are paranoid about what process to use.

Expose yourself to different ways of making images and just go for it! Do what feels natural.

So here's a creepy girl.
Messing around with painterly stuff.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
I'm trying out a new site for my portfolio. Will soon switch over my domain to this new one. But feel free to check it out here http://tristanberndt.carbonmade.com/

More stuff for Hunt

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Last one for tonight

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Was busy with commission stuff but at least something got done.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Morning study

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Still life

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
holy shit dude, thats a whole lot of work you've been doing lately! :O I like hot you end up doing the butterfly girl piece :) the concepts for hunt are really interesting, im very eager to see when you start pushing some of the concepts a little bit further ;)

Hey, thanks buddy! I'll be taking the designs for Hunt further when this challenge thing starts. Just a few more days until it starts.

Another with some bounce light

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Natural Light

Discord - JetJaguar#8954
Daaamn! You are relentless!! I better get working! ;)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Thanks Lâle! It's time for me to take that big step forward and really work hard, kick ass and eventually become a pro.

So here's a concept for Hunt.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954