slow hand ~ Andrew Ken's sketchbook
EduardoGaray: thanks man! i too want to do more imagination/sketchy stuff, i'm a bit busy at the moment working on some larger things. i should try and bang out some shorter 30m pieces or something to keep things fresh. thanks for the comments ~

Mateusz Katzig: thanks! I'm actually working on a fully rendered piece, which has been in the works for a while but won't be done for some time yet

--

so i've been too busy to upload stuff, i'm in a bit of a draught, here's a sketch i did, sped up 10x, and with added upbeat enthusiast electronic music from a close friend of mine

video:

music:

www.soundcloud.com/undroidmusic

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
spent all weekend working on some commission stuff,
its 2am and ive finished but i still wanted to do at least some small study

figures from photo refs

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
love your imagination stuff really alot man, i'll subscribe, keep on it!

Extremely interesting stuff.

thanks guys!
busy on some projects so not much to upload here
but i should have some nice stuff soon : )

here's some sketchy thingies

Attached Files Image(s)

starting with some acryil stuff

and pages of sketchbook

also, very inspiring video from onnit guy

album cover i'm working on for my dad

bleh feels crap to be away from the sketchbook

been sick. todays morning sketch

That red piece is awesome!
Love it!

thanks doublethink!

another. i love doing these pieces

cool sketches as always, but what i really like is that cover you are doing for your dad, you are managing values and color temperature quite well.
Neat stuff man, looking forward for more!

Cool Sketches and that album cover looks great :)
Keep it up man.

Cool sketchbook aks! Wonderful to look to through, really!
Those colour studies and master studies are fantastic and it seems you're learning a lot from 'em
But what I love the most is that you know how to experiment! I mean, dayum, you got the acrylics out!! Awesome dude :)

In love with that album cover design and these sketches above
Keep up the great work!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
thank you for the comment but could you clarify this
Quote:there is a really useful resource thread here:
the class is closed, but its full of face exercises that you might want to try out
i don't know CD that well yet ^^;;

cheers man!
man those random pieces (like the last ones) you do look always great, I feel like you could push them alil bit further maybe addin more colors or some shading? anyway keep the good work!

thanks for the comments everyone. you're the best.
i;ve been away traveling, but now i'm back and time to update. lets get to it

imagination sketch practice, WIP. lines = easy / form = hard

testing colours out on this character wip piece.

some sketchbook comps

charcoal practice:

line/form practice (imagination):

persp/comp practice (imagination, def need to do a lot of these):

figure stuff:

more imagination stuff

I'm colouring in one of the sketches in my previous post

and some random imagination stuff

Damn, I really like your work.