Rognoll's Sketchbook
Finished work. Simple Background.
[Image: astrid_ufff_by_dadapan-d6cs6ei.png]

Nice work on that one dude. Really ambitious pose.

Drawing out of perspective is like singing out of tune. I'll throw a shoe at you if you do it.
Sketch Book
Thank you, muzz! The right arm looks so weird and I can't figure the problem out. What do you think it is?

[Image: trucha_a_la_crema_bocetos_by_dadapan-d6csvli.png]

Trying to figure out a concept for an illustration.

Hey man, good progress so far, you need to work your on your faces though, easiest way of getting full control is to do skull, facial muscle studies and plains of face. the biggest issue I see is proporsioning.

Nice sketchbook! I can see you're pushing your limits and trying to make every next piece better, your ambition's pretty motivational to see :D
I agree with mark, good progress but I think you really need to be doing more controlled, constructed work and thinking in terms of basic 3D forms. It seems to me you're drawing really involved and complex stuff but not understanding the large forms and volumes that you have to build these details on.
For a while I was doing an exercise where I drew a human figure by replacing its limbs and torso masses with boxes. There would be 15 boxes in all, the head box, rib cage box, pelvis box, eight limb boxes, and four boxes for the feet and hands. I think this kind of exercise would be very helpful for you to do, it forces you think of the figure in terms of basic forms/perspective and decide what parts are closer to the viewer and what parts are further away.

Good luck!

Thank you Mark and Sam, I'm trying to put all my effort there, today I practiced a lot, using proko's guidelines.
[Image: more__more_studies_by_dadapan-d6cw5tq.png]

(07-10-2013, 01:54 PM)Rognoll Wrote: Finished work. Simple Background.

Really heroic pose! Love the rock hard, muscular (but still girly) build, too.

Sketchbook

hey man!
real nice work on these characters, i especially like the "cartoon" versions. they feel solid. do more of those man, really. im a fan of pushing your strongpoints, imho those are your strong points! you can really tell its these pieces that capture your attention and you can see the work that goes into them.

that landscape in post 38 is nice, careful with using opacity brushes for everything though

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
Hey there!

Much improvement from the first post, and I absolutely adore that enviro on the previous page, you got the colors spot on. Love the gesture drawings as well, it seems like they've really helped with this last piece you posted, the lady in green. She is a huge improvement compared to the girl on the last page, the one that's leaning on the fence. Skin tones are clearer and less muddy, and the anatomy is much better.

I don't know if the gesture practice you do is timed or not, but I find it much more helpful if I don't time my sketches. When I time them, the pressure kinda builds up, and they always turn out much worse than when I don't time them. So I guess my advice would be to take your time and keep working. :)

Cheers!
(07-12-2013, 01:43 AM)Tygerson Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 01:54 PM)Rognoll Wrote: Finished work. Simple Background.

Really heroic pose! Love the rock hard, muscular (but still girly) build, too.

Thanks! I love working that way.
(07-12-2013, 10:52 PM)aks9 Wrote: hey man!
real nice work on these characters, i especially like the "cartoon" versions. they feel solid. do more of those man, really. im a fan of pushing your strongpoints, imho those are your strong points! you can really tell its these pieces that capture your attention and you can see the work that goes into them.

that landscape in post 38 is nice, careful with using opacity brushes for everything though

Thanks for the advices, I'll try to do more of them. About the landscape, yeah, you're right. I'm a huge noob at that.

(07-13-2013, 01:22 AM)MajaD Wrote: Hey there!

Much improvement from the first post, and I absolutely adore that enviro on the previous page, you got the colors spot on. Love the gesture drawings as well, it seems like they've really helped with this last piece you posted, the lady in green. She is a huge improvement compared to the girl on the last page, the one that's leaning on the fence. Skin tones are clearer and less muddy, and the anatomy is much better.

I don't know if the gesture practice you do is timed or not, but I find it much more helpful if I don't time my sketches. When I time them, the pressure kinda builds up, and they always turn out much worse than when I don't time them. So I guess my advice would be to take your time and keep working. :)

Cheers!

Thank you! Thanks a lot for the review! I like timing them, that's the only way I learn, while doing them, but I guess I should take my time sometimes.

[Image: truchas2_by_dadapan-d6dbwrx.jpg]

Now, this thing I've been working on. It's in progress, but I quite don't like it so far.

No sketches, just trouts[Image: truchas_2_by_dadapan-d6dn46l.png]

And even MOAR trouts!

[Image: trucha_3_by_dadapan-d6dob0r.png]

These are some sketches I've been working on. I've been practicing a lot with faces and poses, but I'm not going to upload all that crap.
[Image: meditation_by_dadapan-d6e4h2k.png]

Awh its great you're tackling composition and ideas :) I really like the last batch!

I have a suggestion which is to take some tracking paper and go over your older figure studies? Using the golden education you've gleaned from the proko vids, edit your past work to make them better. You will get a better view on your blindspots :)

Keep artin'

Great variety of thumbnails, and good use of different viewpoints.

Sketchbook

(07-20-2013, 04:23 PM)anzhou Wrote: Awh its great you're tackling composition and ideas :) I really like the last batch!

I have a suggestion which is to take some tracking paper and go over your older figure studies? Using the golden education you've gleaned from the proko vids, edit your past work to make them better. You will get a better view on your blindspots :)

Keep artin'

Great idea, anzhou! I'll put it into practice! :D Thanks a lot!

Tygerson Wrote:Great variety of thumbnails, and good use of different viewpoints.
Thanks, tyger!

[Image: blaze_by_dadapan-d6eufjf.png]

A new sketch I did while resting. I'm doing too many works at once!Shock

Your improving your drawing and painting at once along with other things. I know what you mean by too many works at once. There is so much to study. My only crit is something I think I also have a problem with right now and that's not enough time doing construction, but your stuff looks cool. That's probably the most important thing.
Thank you, Ron! What do you mean by construction? You mean buildings or perspective? Yeah, I haven't even tackled it yet. Scary stuff.

[Image: some_excercises_by_dadapan-d6eyjlj.png]

These are some excercises I've found arround the net (coffconceptart.comcoffcoff). Self portraying stuff

Great job dude!