Rognoll's Sketchbook
(10-29-2013, 01:29 PM)Rognoll Wrote: I don't understand. You mean the dwarf?

Anyway, yeah, I've got to study more u_u. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Yeah! the dwarf haha. I have tendency to type too fast when I'm trying to capture all of my thoughts.

Anyway yeah, we've all got things to work on! it's just a matter of zoning in on the weakest fundamentals and striving to reinforce them.

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
That's right, thanks a lot, man! I'll try to focus on that.

Weird alien practice WIP
[Image: alien_1_by_dadapan-d6sdjxk.png]

keep up with your studies, but most importantly with your drawing skills ! Your drawings are weak because they don't show volume, which means no time spent on thinking about perspective ! try to simplify in your head what you're drawing, before putting each stroke, know what you're doing !

[Image: alien_2_by_dadapan-d6sdxps.png]

[Image: alien_by_dadapan-d6sfevz.png]

Wow, youve improved quite a bit since my last visit, that dwarf looks sick. Also loving the design on alien dude.
You can do it!

Whuddap Rognolllll?! Feels like forever since I've dropped by ;_; but damn... the improvement @_@!
Good to see you still grinding! This alien dude is looking goooood! Is he made of a type of metal/armoured up? He'd be a cool dude to see in a movie or game for suure
Hmm, as for this:
(10-25-2013, 08:16 AM)Rognoll Wrote: Thank you, Ralee! I struggle a lot with colors and contrast. Light, edges, colored lights, are so hard for me

Believe me when I say observing from life a lot more is key to figuring out light and colour ~ it allows you to really see the objects true colour (though I'm sure you know this already :P) and edge control is just super fun to experiment with! You can look at master paintings or study them to understand how they make their edges work... but experimenting with edges is just yeah, fun, 'specially if you've read this little gold nugget as well as this sneaky thread of liquid gold
Also, Concept Cookie over on YouTube has some really great vids that helped me out a bunch understanding things ^ ^

Hope this helps, keep pushing, I believe in you Rognooooollll-! 088

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
'Sup, Smrrfette! You're so nice! I actually have no idea what that thing was. Anyway, thanks a lot for the encouragement! Seriously.

Whoa! Great tutorials! I actually almost never paint from life. I should do that. I will do that. Thanks a lot! As always, really helpful!

Now, another..... thing. Holy crap this made me sweat

[Image: alien_2_by_dadapan-d6sntgp.png]

[Image: alien_3_a_by_dadapan-d6t9gpz.png]

Hurrrrrrrrrr.

[Image: alien_3_b_by_dadapan-d6t9x65.png]
Durrrrrrr!

Thanks, Rognoll for stopping by! Seeing a lot of progress in a short amount of time. Love the solid fell you get to your work, really enjoyed it.

Thank you, Nika! I try to improve everyday! Although, it's really hard.

[Image: alien_3_by_dadapan-d6tdf8c.png]

He doesn't always Hurrrrr, but when he does, he Durrrrs.

i think you may want to work on the blending technique you have try to use softbrush if you didnt and play with the brush opacity

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Thanks for dropping by man!

maybe some material studies would help improving your pieces?
material indication is hard thing to get (im not even close) but it really helps every piece.

quick tip. the texture of object is mostly seen before light side turns dark side. near the terminator

dude, you should try to vary your shapes, imo this kind of symetric stuff isn't much interesting in term of design . also values fails to describe the volume. you're missing all the cast shadow ! try to put more thoughts on your work dude !

Thanks, guys!

(11-09-2013, 09:58 AM)Tatar88 Wrote: Thanks for dropping by man!

maybe some material studies would help improving your pieces?
material indication is hard thing to get (im not even close) but it really helps every piece.

quick tip. the texture of object is mostly seen before light side turns dark side. near the terminator

Thank you Tatar, you're right I've got to do more of those

Now, another alien head
[Image: alien_4_by_dadapan-d6u4cyb.png]

some new stuff

[Image: isaac_by_dadapan-d6uvacw.png]

[Image: cristobal_by_dadapan-d6usb0q.png]

[Image: ares_copy_by_dadapan-d6v0vft.png]

[Image: kieferk_by_dadapan-d6v2kqr.png]

[Image: retratos_caricaturas_by_dadapan-d6v6mc2.jpg]