Get in it
Hey dudes, gonna try and track my studies and sketches here! Goal is making it in freelance, same as most everyone else here I suppose. Here's some recent work, the point I'm trying to improve from:

Some recent hand studies. There's a bunch more of these on my blog, been really trying to focus on them lately:

[Image: Mx16C5b.jpg]

Quick(ish) 90 minute armor study from Game of Thrones! A show I haven't actually seen, that has amazing designs.

[Image: Kh6J3fb.jpg]

Repin colour study, tryin to get better at skin tones:
[Image: i5Zf0nr.jpg]

Fun imagination painting (applying the skin colours from the above):
[Image: mO2sGQl.jpg]

Sketch that's probably going nowhere:
[Image: 3m4gdeS.jpg]
Great start, hope to see this updated a lot!

this is seriously awesome, really inspiring.
If you cant make it as freelance then the rest of us are doomed.
I agree with atrentr, keep this updated :)

I love your style, this is so inspiring and beautiful. I love this last character.
Keep up with good work :D I can't wait to see new stuff.
Have fun : )

CD dA FM  MaL
Wow girl, what I see so far is definitely ready for the freelance biz when it comes to bookcovers and card illustrations. Have you tried applying for things such as: Cryptozoic, Moonga and Fantasy Flight games?

Keep on posting I'd love to keep track of you :)

ps your top image.. OMG! <3

My Crimson Daggers sketchbook ^^
WOW ! Amazing stuff here ! Like Eduardo said if you can't make it as a feelance then we won't ever hahaha !
Anyway, good luck and can't wait to see more of your awesome work :) !

Oh my. Good stuff, real good stuff. Imma keep an eye on this thread. More please.

You'll have no problem getting freelance work, sir.

love your stuff! Really a pleasure to look at :D hoping to see more from you

Really inspiring! I like it alot!
I've seen much worse artists succesfully freelancing. Have you showed you portfolio to any company yet? I mean, you've got some sick stuff, man!

Cheers for the support everybody! I have sent my portfolio around to the companies mentioned, as well as a couple others (except Cryptozoic, haven't tried them yet!). The only ones I heard back from are WotC and FFG. WotC told me I'm "on file" and I'm not sure how likely that is to translate into work or in what time frame. I am actually doing work for FFG now! I'm also working for a Melbourne games company and other odds and ends (private commissions). Just doesn't total up to bills paid yet. But I've not been doing it very long. These applications that I didn't hear back on at all were about a month ago.

Anyways, later update than I was hoping! Not in the habit yet. :0 Also not a ton to show, client stuff stacking up a bit.

More hands:
[Image: rbjytZz.jpg]

Did some more on that lady! This was really fun. :)
[Image: my4o3qjl.jpg]

Actually worked more on that earlier crappy sketch, just used it to try out some things. Gonna let it go now.
[Image: Ug2UKIg.jpg]

Sketch for the ArtOrder Tank Girl challenge! Really hoping I can get this done on time. I wanted to do a bit of an Ash Wood inspired vertical composition. Not at dynamic as what he can do with limbs and machinery but I think it's gonna be really fun to finish. Sub Girl, Tank Girl, and Jet Girl!
[Image: AH2e9ob.jpg]
Stunning work! That blue-ish character especially is so hauntingly beautiful, with an almost undead vibe.

Sketchbook