DoubleThinks Sketchbook
(09-10-2013, 01:11 AM)Fedodika Wrote: keep going! i know it's tough to stay inspired, but eventually you'll hit a point where you'll say, man i gotta do this! if you haven't already listened to all the crimson conversations, they are a big motivator for me atleast; especially brad rigney's!

Yeah, I can't believe he locked himself up for 8 years :P

Here's some more recent ideas.
Maybe I'll add some more tonight

Attached Files Image(s)

hmm

This piece quickly loses it's energy once I start rendering it.
Not sure how I'm gonna solve that

WIP

Attached Files Image(s)

more sketchy concepty stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man! I like the rock dude form the previous page! You gave him this nice textures and he really has some character to him. With your sketches you could maybe try to think a bit more about details that give your characters a bit more individuality and personality. I get that they are just sketches and stuff but you could maybe anyway go a bit deeper when you explore ideas. I´m refering in particular to the seamonster dude and the ork guys form this page. Anyway you got some nice stuff, I like the small brown guys.

(09-17-2013, 06:14 AM)Matthias Kinnigkeit Wrote: Hey man! I like the rock dude form the previous page! You gave him this nice textures and he really has some character to him. With your sketches you could maybe try to think a bit more about details that give your characters a bit more individuality and personality. I get that they are just sketches and stuff but you could maybe anyway go a bit deeper when you explore ideas. I´m refering in particular to the seamonster dude and the ork guys form this page. Anyway you got some nice stuff, I like the small brown guys.

Thanks Matthias, I do have to agree with you. They need more thinking and less speed :P
I've been trying lately to get into drawing more and rendering less. Like 80/20 division between them. I think that's better for concept work.

Some Sketchy artsy brush test thingy and my entry for Deviantarts Scribblenaut contest.
Been super busy with other stuff that I can't show on here... :(

Attached Files Image(s)

The least important part of my secret project. The outhouse.

If you're gonna build a world, better start with a toilet, cause it's gonna take a while..

Attached Files Image(s)

Meet my new friend Scrappy.
Scrappys scraped together out of scraps of crap textures.

Don't know if I'll work on it more. At least not in this pose

Attached Files Image(s)

Thought i'd show you guys some workstuff.

Holiday season is just around the corner and I'm in charge of decorations.

What do you think? I personally really like the way the maggot turned out.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just some Daily spitpaints.

Been busy

Themes:

Red Lantern

Too high

Evil Goo

Underwater Police

Attached Files Image(s)

2 more spitpaints,

Inside volcano and War Ghost

Attached Files Image(s)

Super Quick studies. Like 25 minutes each

Planning to do some longer ones. Just didn't have the time today.
I struggle mostly with the beginning part. Getting all the values and proportions right.
I would love to nail that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Movie still study for tonight.

Likeness isn't 100% perfect.

Three quarter view is still hard. in particular the part where the mouth meets the back jaw.
Thin space with a lot going on.

Attached Files Image(s)

scribble from memory.

Can't fix the mouth :(

Attached Files Image(s)

trying to clear my head with some poses

Attached Files Image(s)

concept sheet for a game I'm working on.

Attached Files Image(s)

FInally got my Cintiq 13HD today.

This isthe first sketch I did with it.
It's such a rediculous upgrade from my small bamboo

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice Sketchbook!! Keep up the awesome work. And congrats on the cintiq 13hd, how you liking it?
(12-08-2013, 08:02 AM)Selenada Wrote: Nice Sketchbook!! Keep up the awesome work. And congrats on the cintiq 13hd, how you liking it?

Thanks Selenada. So far I'm loving it. It's definitely big enough (that was my biggest concern.)
My neck is a little sore from being hunched over it. I might have to look into how I can fix that.

As far as Drawing and painting goes, it feels way more natural than my bamboo (and even my intuos from work)

Here's some more sketches and a forest-dragon I'm working on

Attached Files Image(s)

great work on some of these last pieces!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
Thanks aks9!

Here's some 2 minute poses I did

Attached Files Image(s)