Bjork's Journey with her Sketchbook :)
Figured I should probably post some more stuff I'm doing

Wow - What I kept thinking, while going down each page is the color. Always great colors. Keep going

(08-23-2013, 02:17 PM)Ron Wrote: Wow - What I kept thinking, while going down each page is the color. Always great colors. Keep going

ahh thanks a lot!

Morning face study :)

weeee hello, long time no see!
here is an imagination sketch .. not too sure what I am going for

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice updates! Keep 'em coming!
:D

(09-05-2013, 07:48 AM)Sublimus Wrote: Nice updates! Keep 'em coming!
:D

Thanks a lot man! :) Will do!

quick little study before bed, will probably finish it up tomorrow

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys! I'm not gonna be posting very much for a while since my hand is still not fully recovered. It's been nearly two months now :c So i'll stick to doing some studies with my left hand

Until then here is anther sketch thingy i have been working on. Again not really sure about what i'm gonna do with it haha

Study from today :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. Better start doing it regularly again!

Attached Files Image(s)

something I made for a friend :)

Attached Files Image(s)

helloo again, little update here
some studies and a memory drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

:0 love the last one!

Thanks a lot! :D

quick little studies with my left hand

Work in progress, would love some critique!

awesome sketch, hope you don't mind if I do a super sloppy paint over with my mouse

the only thing that jumps out is that her neck is pretty long, sorry if that is intentional! I also changed the composition slightly by extending the canvas and changing the aspect ratio to make it wider. Hope this helps, you are seriously killing it lately!

[Image: bjorkpo.jpg]

Hey nice sketchbook, havent done a paint over yet today so I thought I would do a quickie to explain what I mean better than words.

Basically, darken it all a bit, since I think it was a bit light, move the figure onto a thrid since this works better compositionally, and use clouds to great a spiral shape to focus the viewers attention. By darkening the whole image you can make the sun (I am assuming its a sun and not an egg in her lap?) look much brighter by comparison. Because paints and computers can only output a certain range of values, to make it convincing you have to use contrast. This is why the foreground is always really really dark, if not black in most camera pictures of the sunset. It's really tricky and I dont think I pulled it off convincingly here. But yeah.. Hope this helps :)

Ahaha devin beat me to it. That wasnt there when I started this lol I swear >_>;;;

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you so much you two! I really appreciate it! :D
Quick little left handed study
might finish it later :P

quick update of the painting I'm working on. Thanks again you two for the critiques!

Attached Files Image(s)

Great portraits and studies despite the hand, I hope it heals soon. Have you tried doing some stretching exercises? yoga, pilates and tai-chi have all helped me in the past (I suffered with it for a year or so, I started with simple tai-chi warm ups every day and then moved on to pilates and yoga) good for the mind too with all the breathing :)

The latest painting is lovely, I think her neck is still too long though (just a tad)