Asmodius' Sketchbook
Finished this today

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work. I like your latest one. There's a lot of improvement with what I think looks like is your biggest issue, really bringing everything together to feel like parts of the same object.

Some of your shadows on this one feel a bit weak and flat. Sure they're on pale skin, but the shadow on her right leg under the skull goes to full black, but the ones inside her elbow, under her left forearm, and under her legs/knees go to this kinda wussy, weak gray. Compared to the really strong, bold shadows elsewhere in the piece, they fall flat.

The face is great though, looks cohesive and has good volume. Maybe soften or feather your hairline though, it looks a little hard and unnatural.

(02-23-2014, 04:56 AM)Felime Wrote: Nice work. I like your latest one. There's a lot of improvement with what I think looks like is your biggest issue, really bringing everything together to feel like parts of the same object.

Some of your shadows on this one feel a bit weak and flat. Sure they're on pale skin, but the shadow on her right leg under the skull goes to full black, but the ones inside her elbow, under her left forearm, and under her legs/knees go to this kinda wussy, weak gray. Compared to the really strong, bold shadows elsewhere in the piece, they fall flat.

The face is great though, looks cohesive and has good volume. Maybe soften or feather your hairline though, it looks a little hard and unnatural.

Thanks a lot, this is the most helpful critique I have gotten, pretty much ever.
Thanks! Glad I could help!

Value face study

Attached Files Image(s)

My take on Queen of Pain

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice sketch book you've got here. I see a lot of improvement from the beginning. That last one looks a bit confusing though. I think you were going for her to be crouching down and her legs are foreshortened? It looks like she has really short legs though. Maybe work on your figures and coming up with some better poses. The face looks ok except the nose could be drawn differently so that it doesnt look like the bottom of the nose is facing upwards like a pigs nose. I like the design for the horns by the way. Keep working hard!