Astrosim´s sketchbook ( C & C appreciated!)
Quick pencil sketch for something i call #sketchlotto on instagram, I do these now and then and people get to choose what i sketch for them. Great for practice as i usually end up doing stuff i would otherwise probably never do

[Image: lady-in-the-water.jpg]

Did a little paintover of the sketch with photoshop/painter.

[Image: lady-in-the-water-finished.jpg]
Quick pencil sketch i finished up in painter/photoshop for the #sketchlotto thing.

Doc Brown
One of my favorite movie characters growing up ;)

[Image: doc-brown-finished.jpg]
Some random new stuff. A few late 2013 and some from 2014.

Good stuff you got here, you've been putting in the work for sure.
Your traditional stuff is looking really neat, btw!
Totally unrelated question, but are you Norwegian/Scandinavian?
The Pesta and Død snø pieces got me thinking wether I could possibly be looking at another
Scandinavian's SB.

(03-27-2014, 06:06 AM)Raedrob Wrote: Good stuff you got here, you've been putting in the work for sure.
Your traditional stuff is looking really neat, btw!
Totally unrelated question, but are you Norwegian/Scandinavian?
The Pesta and Død snø pieces got me thinking wether I could possibly be looking at another
Scandinavian's SB.

Thank you very much!
Been doodling a lot and doing studies more often than before.

Yup, er fra Norge :)
Hey not bad! You definitely have your own unique style

(03-27-2014, 06:47 AM)Kaycee Wrote: Hey not bad! You definitely have your own unique style

Thank you very much, I'm working on it :)

I love doing random speed paintings to clear my head, this one is 11 minutes sped up to clock in around 2. Another one I did for the instagram #artistalliance weekly (it was a hectic week so no time for anything else) The theme was decay.
Some random new stuff.

Better look up some armor ref.

Quick self portrait practice.

Spent a bit more time on this one.

Duuuude your sketch book just blew my mind! How can I be as awesome as you?

(04-25-2014, 01:37 PM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Duuuude your sketch book just blew my mind! How can I be as awesome as you?

Thank you very much Blushing, i'm trying to improve and do loads of studies.
My biggest drawback was not using reference for way too many years, trying to work a lot on that these days.

Quick study, ended up way to plastic.

Viking/Odin.

Quick late night Bloodyface.

Portrait practice.

quick one for tonight. playing around with lighting.

Had a lot of fun with this one.
Trying to add some sense of realism experimenting with dof.

Davros value speed paint practice.

Zombie portrait.
Trying to add some depth and "realism" haha

Really like how you handle the portraits there, with that reflected light and those colored highlights, makes them feel alive and maybe a bit sweaty despite being undead ;D
Think you could push those portraits even further by using harder brush strokes (or other methods that grant similar results) near the focal points. So it gets "crisper" if you will. You seem to have a great sense of depth and lighting so maybe some further pushing in the focal areas will improve it even more!

Also: Like the concept of the warrior and the lovecraftian blob monster. Is he about to be swallowed or does he venture forth into the abyss of it's mouth? It gets me wondering and it's a good thing in this case. Make more of that hah ;D