The Crimson Order!
Hey folks. My name is Lance, I'm 32, living in beautiful Oregon USA, and I am ready to work my ass off! I've been drawing casually for most of my life, but just went full digital in March. That move to painting prompted me to scour the internet for lessons and tutorials. When I started listening to Dave and Dan I finally felt like someone was actually talking to me, not at me. They instilled in me two things 1) Devotion to fundamentals 2) Need for community. I'm here for heaping helpings of both.

Here are a couple of pieces to show where I'm at. I'm treating this site like an art dojo, so feel free to kick my ass and point out my weaknesses. I'm starting a study schedule tonight, and I'll be uploading to a CD sketchbook regularly. See you all on the forums!

[Image: 2-Grimble-Prince2.jpg]

[Image: 2-Crongan-Islands.jpg]

[Image: Hare1.jpg]

Welcome! The framing on that first painting is really interesting, looking forward to seeing your sketchbook :)
beautiful distinctive work. great attitude. welcome!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
You guys... pardon my french here. You people are fucking fantastic :D I've had more out reach and inspiration in a few days here than MONTHS of trying to find this kind of community on my own.

Thank. You. ALL! I'm so glad to be here.

Hey man, welcome to the daggers!!

These look great, really cool concepts going on - especially liking the 2nd piece, it's sending me into nostalgia-ville as it reminds me of Skyrim :3

Aaaah, I can't wait to see you kick even more ass! I shall stalk your sketchbook now.

Enjoy your stay!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Strong pallets! Reminds me of 80's/90's PC adventure games (like simon the sorcerer, or loom)

Hey, welcome to CD.
Really nice start of your sketchbook. Love the concepts, keep up like that :)
Can't wait to see more.
Have lots of fun

CD dA FM  MaL
Rognoll, the first game I ever played on PC was Sanitarium! That was actually the first time I ever thought about making art for anything other than comics :)

Toxicpanda, thanks :D I hope to keep turning out concepts after studies to integrate what I'm learning.