Darktiste Sketchbook
(02-20-2020, 03:01 AM)Artloader Wrote: Nice textures dude.  How're you doing these?  Using special brushes or images?
Some texture brush mostly and for this one a minimal amount of stock image that i photo bash.I almost never use photobashing so it was kinda new thing to try i was having a problem at the last minute so i tried to look for a coil image i think the thing i regret now looking back at it is how those coil should show some perspective.

Here an idea of how i approached doing metal i use a ''noise'' brush this one add what i call particule in other word this help create the surface quality to add depth to the texture i start with a mid range grey as a base i then use my noise brush in 3 pass using the dodge tool and play with the range of the tool from shadow to midtone and than finally highlight.Will i apply the noise i don't scale up or down the size of the texture because the surface is pretty uniform and as been refined to a certain degree

.After that i use a brush i call the spot brush this create spot of dirt on the surface that break the still to clean look you get if you only did use 1 brush.

For finishing touch i go around my object and hit the point where there highlight and hit spot where the object generally will get hit the material will get more in contact with other object and make sure to disturb the edge of the form to create an uneven and beaten look.

Lastly i take a brush could be a round brush with pressure sentivity for me i use a brush that i would describe as scratch.This brush is prettty straight foward it help get that metallic feeling just right.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
So here what i did here i tried to focus more on describing texture with line rather than brush and i also use only 2 value just for the extra challenge.

This practice also reminded me how much the silhouette can also help sell texture.An other thing that i will try to remember is to avoid those straight line to give my object a less digital look give my line more character.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The legonis faction are compose manly of the remaining servicemen who have no deserted the army yet.This faction also extend to militia who have chosen to support the Legionis mission to restore order.

Pro
This faction as access to advance technological tool and weaponry.

Con
Since this faction represent order it as made itself the defacto archenemy of the force that thrive from chaos.

Motto:If you want peace prepare for wars.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The Ordo faction is compose manly of the people obsessed by law and order.This faction regroup people who before the collapse were part of the establishment.Those people are the kind of people you use to find in a court system or around a table creating new law.

Pro
Generally as a good relation with other faction that try to restore order aslong as they follow rule established by The ordo.

Con
Follow alot of protocol that can be detrimental to the fonctionnement of the faction.The member of this faction are generally physically weak this faction rely on cooperation with other faction and there own intelligence to solve there problem.

Motto:Order above all.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The Redivivus faction is compose manly of the people who have been infected by the virus.This faction role is to act as the Waste disposal group.Since most of them are infected you rarely see them in society they are the keeper of the sewage world.

Pro
Generally good at re-using item other people would have normally leave behind.

Con
They are an outcast faction since this faction as alot of infected people in there rank.

Motto:One man trash is an other man treasure.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The Machinator faction is compose manly of inventor and enginner. This faction role is to develop machine to compensate or remplace the leak of human labor.

Pro
What they leak in brute force they compensate in inventivity.
Con
There achille heel is often expose when there invention fail them.

Motto:Knowledge is power

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
All this stuff from your personal project dude? Cool :).

For representing texture using line, I think drawabox has some really useful exercises:

https://drawabox.com/lesson/2/textureanalysis

Keep posting fella!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(02-26-2020, 06:29 AM)Artloader Wrote: All this stuff from your personal project dude? Cool :).

For representing texture using line, I think drawabox has some really useful exercises:

https://drawabox.com/lesson/2/textureanalysis

Keep posting fella!
Trying to stay away from texture for a while.Focusing more on value&lineweight and design+storytelling to inject into the design.

My Sketchbook
The Cultus faction is compose manly of drug dealer and street thug. This faction deal mainly in everything that generate revenue but seek to corrupt it.They generally try to avoid bringing to much attention on there illegal activity and they prefer to leave the dirty work to the Secretum when they have to deal with bigger fish.

Pro
As a hand in almost every business imaginable.
Con
The cultus thirst for power as also made it the enemy of almost every other faction.

Motto:It not illegal if no body know about it.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The Religionis Criminalibus faction is compose manly of priest and there superior. This faction main purpose is to control the mind and wealth of the people by using moral to extort the faithful.Those who do not pay the tax of the [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Religionis Criminalibus are seen as heretic.[/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Pro[/font]
As a alot of mindless faithful servant ready to serve the Religionis Criminalibus 
Con
Since this faction is one of the wealthiest there also one who as the most to lose.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Motto:You must pay the price of your own sin.[/font]

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Some really nice updates here. Your character design is strong as is your anatomy. Excellent use of line weight throughout as well. Keep it going, very much looking forward to more updates from you!

Cultos Sickle.
Testing value range and outline not being so dark.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
*Note to myself the size of the picture might have something to do with why i prefer the dark outline.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Idk much about how computer handle vector to pixel but my drawing end up pretty pixelated something i wish wasn't the case for this project.

On an other note something you lose track of what your were suppose to do.So remember not to do like me and follow your instruction.Don't fall into the trap of design something cool just because you got sidetrack by and idea you wanted to put on paper.

Sometime also you have to apply self control as to not over render sometime you need to get feedback before wasting your time on something that will be rejected and end up being a waste of time.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
This weapon is a medium organic living weapon that can act as mace with a pointed head to stunt or to render inconscious. Inside the hard shell live a creature with paralyzing tentacule.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
This weapon act as a massive daggers and can also pack a punch if the situation call for it.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Just finish a set of futuristic gun so let me know if you have any preference so i can add your opinion to the selection process.One of them will be develop into a sketch.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Just finish an other set this time it futuristic assault weapon so let me know if you have any preference so i can add your opinion to the selection process.One of them will be develop into a sketch.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Just finish an other set this time it futuristic Sniper so let me know if you have any preference so i can add your opinion to the selection process.One of them will be develop into a sketch.

I am gonna develop 1 weapon of each set into a sketch and after that i am gonna work on some futuristic costume design it should be interesting.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Those are pretty cool designs! I feel like top left and bottom left are the most sniper-rifle ish while giving a futuristic/alien look. Like they might be some kind of energy rifle (like the alien sniper in halo). The bottom right is cool, but I imagine it more like a laser cannon or something.