Darktiste Sketchbook
(10-17-2013, 01:38 AM)chromaTinker Wrote: Hey darktiste, thanks for visiting my SB. Keep practicing! I also see you like DBZ, which is awesome.
thx for the visit

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
getting better work on that arm anatomy though the forearm is like a triangle and then in comes out again when the hand forms. your latest stuff is really good keep it up

Front End Developer by day but an Artist by Night
"Artists help artists"
My Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Youtube Lets Learn 3D
a mix of old and new drawing i let you guess what is old what is new

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Im going on a hunger strike until you draw some stuff and post it. My life is in your hands Darktiste ಠ_ಠ

No starving please

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Hey, thank you for the advice on my SB.
You have a lot of work here, nice to see the improvement... I'd like to sugest you to keep doing it...
On thing that have been working very well for me, is coordination exercises, doing a lot of straight lines and elipses....That will create a lot of confidence when are you doing a mark, a stroke.
Also try varying the thickness and darkness of a line, within that line itself. The thicker, darker part will pop out more and help bring sections to attention more, creating sense of layer and volume.

Focus.
(12-15-2013, 03:09 PM)meat Wrote: Also try varying the thickness and darkness of a line, within that line itself. The thicker, darker part will pop out more and help bring sections to attention more, creating sense of layer and volume.

gonna try it didnt realise i didnt apply that on my drawing but i heard about this before.

My Sketchbook
I like to use a brush pen to create different line weights. You can use it over top of your pencil drawing. They add nice smooth lines that transition from thin to thick without having to go back over the same line multiple times. They just take a little getting use to since you have to be conscious of how much of the brush is making contact. It'll help you improve your line confidence too.

Hey enjoying your characters. I rather do like http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...?aid=36106 I'd like to see him painted. Hope things are going well for you xX Imogen

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
dracula ftw. X)

@darktiste: Hello Darktiste. I was gone for months cuz, well bad stuff happened and I haven't been studying more.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, will totally look up those sites for more practice ^__^
I've seen your earlier works. I am glad, you're improving so much! I see you've been trying out all sorts of stuff ,I wish I could have some of your motivation haha just kidding :D

I can't look at all the pages, but have you already dabbled with oil or color?
(02-07-2014, 09:52 PM)ApolOllipop Wrote: @darktiste: Hello Darktiste. I was gone for months cuz, well bad stuff happened and I haven't been studying more.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, will totally look up those sites for more practice ^__^
I've seen your earlier works. I am glad, you're improving so much! I see you've been trying out all sorts of stuff ,I wish I could have some of your motivation haha just kidding :D

I can't look at all the pages, but have you already dabbled with oil or color?

i am currently working on making my little place inside my parent place getting a workspace and my laptop

I am currently at the stage where i want to learn human anatomy and fight vs my nemesis gesture i also want to do creature design. so for the moment i don't deal with color and oil.And my motivation as it up and down i want to be more stable on that but it not motivation when it come to stablity it discipline which is hard for me because of my ''easy situation'' or only because i tell my self excuse.

My Sketchbook
If your motivation is on its up and down, find some inspiration. :) and a general how to for studying a skill in general is experimenting what you've learned.
Ex. Treat it as a game or an rpg. Learn the rules, build up your skills, etc. Haha

Kind of like my situation also, and going for the fundamentals. I've been practicing measuring with my pencil and learning composition.

Best of luck to you!
I can definitely see some progress from the first pages up through now. (In the confidence in your line work, especially. Much cleaner now!)

As was already mentioned, try to make sure you vary your line weight a bit as you draw. Thicker lines can help imply areas of shadow, while thinner lines imply areas of light. It'll help to add more dimension to your drawings because it adds visual interest.

Stick with the studies, they'll help you the most. (Especially if you work from life, whether it's objects or for anatomy.) They're not always the most fun to do, but they're what will ultimately help you draw more from your own imagination.

Keep up the good work!

(03-09-2014, 11:00 AM)Riley Stark Wrote: I can definitely see some progress from the first pages up through now. (In the confidence in your line work, especially. Much cleaner now!)

As was already mentioned, try to make sure you vary your line weight a bit as you draw. Thicker lines can help imply areas of shadow, while thinner lines imply areas of light. It'll help to add more dimension to your drawings because it adds visual interest.

Stick with the studies, they'll help you the most. (Especially if you work from life, whether it's objects or for anatomy.) They're not always the most fun to do, but they're what will ultimately help you draw more from your own imagination.

Keep up the good work!

I will try to stick to study i also think it important to do side project.To apply from imagination and form life

My Sketchbook
Wow man I really wish I had your dedication and your ability to improve... Wow. Honestly I'm floored, the hands you drew a few pages ago look so good.

Dig some old drawing here they are

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Now those lines look better. It looks like you're starting to think more in 3D the way you drew the bottom teeth on that monster. Keep working bro!

What up what up, went through your sketchbook and it's kinda cool, but then realized you haven't been posting since a few months! I'd be awesome to see some recent stuff :)