Darktiste Sketchbook
Next is some study of the hand

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
To day update is all about character

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
eey, just wanted to leave a comment, sayin thanks for the reply to my SB :)

I think gesture would really help your work improve quick, like for the image of the dude with the face mask, try to think of the forms you draw as having dimension. It you are doing a way of like symbol drawing for his torso and face, try to turn them in space to show more depth. Also for the more knightish character, try to pick a dynamic pose, i know it may be tough, but i'd quote alex negrea to say, "The best advice anyone ever gave me was draw a pose, then throw it out and draw another one, then throw that out and draw another and another until you get one thats really worth rendering."

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(04-19-2018, 10:22 PM)Fedodika Wrote: eey, just wanted to leave a comment, sayin thanks for the reply to my SB :)

I think gesture would really help your work improve quick, like for the image of the dude with the face mask, try to think of the forms you draw as having dimension. It you are doing a way of like symbol drawing for his torso and face, try to turn them in space to show more depth. Also for the more knightish character, try to pick a dynamic pose, i know it may be tough, but i'd quote alex negrea to say, "The best advice anyone ever gave me was draw a pose, then throw it out and draw another one, then throw that out and draw another and another until you get one thats really worth rendering."

Thank for commenting i am aware those figure are stiff i will be sure to note this to my critique log.

My Sketchbook
Some more character from the secret vault coming from the past.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day update subject is:face

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day subject:costume

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day update subject is cat and dog

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day update subject is animal creature.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
try making your shapes rounded using like wire wrapping, a lot of things you draw are flat shapes, like the monkey for example, the only things showing form are his fingers but like his arm and body are completely in profile. the lizard is very flat but the bird shows depth because you can see the shape in space

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(04-26-2018, 05:14 AM)Fedodika Wrote: try making your shapes rounded using like wire wrapping, a lot of things you draw are flat shapes, like the monkey for example, the only things showing form are his fingers but like his arm and body are completely in profile. the lizard is very flat but the bird shows depth because you can see the shape in space

It because of the contour line weight that tend to flatten and the sideview pose.I know about wire wrapping i should have precised that some of those are pretty old drawing.But nice observation.

My Sketchbook
To day update subject is animal and hybrid.I am aware that some of those drawing need to have stronger dark there almost blending with the white of the page and the line quality was not dealt with appropriately.This can teach us all that value is one of the most important fundamental.Good use of value with separate the subject from the page and create the illusion of a 3d form.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day subject is animal hybrid.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day subject is animal/hybrid.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
To day subject is animal/an humanoid hybrid

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
hey there Dark, this is really creative work but if you're looking to improve faster, I would stay away from observational drawing/freeform drawing for now and shift towards understanding the underlying structures. Basically drawing boxes, cylinders, etc in 3d space and then being able to properly represent those forms in your drawings. This will give your drawings an inherent sense of depth right away versus how flat they're reading right now
(05-02-2018, 08:39 AM)yangdaniel027 Wrote: hey there Dark, this is really creative work but if you're looking to improve faster, I would stay away from observational drawing/freeform drawing for now and shift towards understanding the underlying structures. Basically drawing boxes, cylinders, etc in 3d space and then being able to properly represent those forms in your drawings. This will give your drawings an inherent sense of depth right away versus how flat they're reading right now

I think the main reason people keep telling me my drawing leak form is because i don't add in enought value indication i understand what you mean by drawing more in 3d building construction and all that. I think i still think to much in term of shape rather than in term of contruction because i am still kinda stuck only copying stuff.When you copy alot you don't necessarly think about volume aslong as you understand how do shading.I think what most of those drawing are missing is the value change that indicate light that make you think there not just on a piece of paper. That value change create the illusion of being inside a 3d space because it tell what is overlapping what.I also have other idea about what might cause my drawing to look flat you can read in the previous comment i made if you didn't.

My Sketchbook
More work on 3d form drawing will help regardless of if you show values enough or not. You aren't seeing the 3d shape of a lot of these drawings. I don't know what period of time you did these studies. I guess not in the time you are posting them; changing up topics you study is a very good idea that is supported by research, BUT try and consciously apply studies you do to the more imaginative exercises. Studying cubes and forms in space are mostly wasted if you don't apply this to your more imaginative pieces with intent.
Draw them in 3d. You don't need value for them to read correctly. That's an excuse
Do cross sections of the drawings in the first instance if you can't do it without...but show us the form in line.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(05-02-2018, 08:59 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: More work on 3d form drawing will help regardless of if you show values enough or not. You aren't seeing the 3d shape of a lot of these drawings. I don't know what period of time you did these studies. I guess not in the time you are posting them; changing up topics you study is a very good idea that is supported by research, BUT try and consciously apply studies you do to the more imaginative exercises. Studying cubes and forms in space are mostly wasted if you don't apply this to your more imaginative pieces with intent.
Draw them in 3d. You don't need value for them to read correctly. That's an excuse
Do cross sections of the drawings in the first instance if you can't do it without...but show us the form in line.
Cross section what you mean by that?

The picture below is how i THINK in term of how i approch drawing my figure­.I drew alot of side view so far and i end up under representing my knowledge of volume.One of the problem i see is that i skip the volume stage but i still think about volume all the time.The reason i skip it is because if i do it i have to erase and i don't own erase that do good job at erasing i either have a big eraser or the eraser at the end of a pencil i would need a soft eraser.I think i been mainly avoiding drawing volume because it easier to draw them in digital because you can simply hide them in a separate layer and draw on top of that layer afterward.I think i remember now what i didn't buy that should have bought a none photoblue pencil so that i can do those construction and than i simply go in photoshop and delete the blue color and voila no need to spend time erasing.One other thing i could do instead of worrying to much about draw clean is restate my line.But i think the most important thing i should have done is show that i understand the concept such as wire wrapping in those side view to show that i understand there volume.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Since i believe there a miss conception that i do not understand volume i will post my volume study.Here some of them.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook