Bloodsport #5 - Castle in the Sky
A swashbuckling steampunk adventure!

Feedback welcome!

[Image: sketch7.jpg]
wow! nice work man thats awesome, cant wait to see it finished!

PFFFF awesomeee dudeee i never saw this movie and only because of this i want to see it :O!
Beautifully drawn! Looks great :D
nice clean lines and a solid composition. what you might want to try is give the text perspective, so it's also pointing towards the sky :)

Awesome line work dude... Watch the balance of all your elements if you are going for a verticle mirror composition, the main character might work better front on, that would be my cowards way out! :-)

noice! love the style !

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
Woow! Love it, nice style! =D
Hey thanks all :) It means a lot!
For crits, I did try warping the text, rich, but didn't seem to work too well! And Sprayah, heh, actually the original comp sketch the boy was dead on looking foward, but it didn't seem as natural, like capturing him in teh moment, it looked more "posed" I do see what you mean though, hopefully I can make it work.
Thanks for the input :)

This morning I tried some value compositions to see if I want to go more low, high or middle key for teh design, I want it a fairly dark tale, like not totally airy fairy, but still for kids, more PG not U rating. so I may go for one of the more low key ideas.

Done some colour roughs too I'll upload them next time!

[Image: comps.jpg]

1inch thumbs.

[Image: compstiny.jpg]

I'm leaning toward #5 #8 as 1inchs they seem to read best.

Somethin along these lines

[Image: sketch8.jpg]
Looks awesome, man. Great work on the thumbs really cool composition. Gonna be cool to see with some colors!

Very nice composition! Your lineart is so clean, mine is always messy (more like Dave Rapoza style). How do You do this?

BTW, I've seen Your gallery Tooth. I love how You implement colors. Keep it up!
nice everything seems really balanced

*He who says he can and he who says he cant are usually both correct*
blog
sketchbook
deviantart
Yeah you are on top of the balance. I really dig the contrast thumbs at tiny size. I think they pose you a question: do you want the three figures to pop out as a unit or do you want the central figure to jump out even more? I think I like bottom left, reserving the darkest tone for the hero.

Thanks all for input!

GAH I relooked at the little value thumbs, and the main character is screaming penis, just like davedan always tell you NOT to do, so lucky I noticed, hopefully no phallic read when it's finished. Why does so much stuff in life look this way :O that's nature for you I guess.

For linework, Jasielski, well clean linework isn't really necessary - I have rough linework on the layer underneath - depends on what I am doing, sometime I'll work with rough linework. But if I have an expensive client work I'll always refine everything in the drawing so all the details are there for their approval- I have treated this piece a bit like that, and often do for personal work. It makes painting a bit simpler having all your details down, though maybe not a fun noodling with a paint brush!

Yep I see your point sprayah, I kinda want him to read separately so I'll up the contrast on him most, hope there are other mechanisms which create focus there.

Laid down some values to get an idea of what it will be like, need to refine the value structure and shapes more for the final though.

Anyways, now gots to knuckle down with some studies, skin, fabric, clouds, all extreme weak points for me!

[Image: sketch9.jpg]
This is ridiculously cool! Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Great work ! composition, details & values rox
wow this is super awesome! really well done :) love your style! linework is amazing.
so cool
Thanks all!

But today disaster strikes and my PC dies :( I doubt I'll be able to get a new one til late next week! Times like this I wish I knew how to use oil paints...

did you back up your work??