oh my fucking god it's swibble
oh jesus christ I have 15 months to learn this or I'm boned

[Image: ArJ9drl.jpg]

[Image: BRztruF.jpg]

[Image: T0onwLp.jpg]

[Image: OHi71Zm.jpg]

[Image: tooAat1.jpg]
hands copied from bridgman's book of a hundred hands and some random poses from posemaniacs

Attached Files Image(s)

Haha, what happens in 15 months? Nice start btw, looking forward to seeing more :)

Great Start Bro :)
15 months is a long time. You'll learn it soon if you keep at it.

Space Chick looks great BTW. ;)

Hey dudes, thanks for looking.

In 15 months I'll have to get a job and I'm not naive enough to think I'll be able to get to a professional level within the decade while also working all day at something both draining and completely unrelated.
Boom, there's some motivation then. I'm with Prabu, 15months is a long time. :) Gonna be watching the thread, best of luck :D

I hate how I have to write a message

Attached Files Image(s)

A few things. Actually trying to work on some object drawing and environment type thumbs so I have a contextual reason for all this chickface. Waiting for that scott robertson book to come out which is supposed to be good. I'm hoping that if I apply what I learn in that with the stuff in those james gurney books and the anatomy study I'm already doing then my efforts will spiral wildly into control or something.

Still trying to make actual things instead of just scribbles all the time

Attached Files Image(s)

Heya! Really nice to see you so set on your goal, and also mixing studies with drawing and painting from mind (which is also studying..eh you know what i mean!)

A nice way of making those characters belong in their environment is to consider the properties of the environment. Clear blue sky? mix some blue into the shadows. if the grass they're standing on is well lit the light will reflect onto the lower planes of the characters, giving them some green reflected light (such reflected light can never be brighter than the stuff that is in the actual light however.)
Well, there's some tips from me, hard trying to be helpful without spewing out too much info that may or may not sound helpful xD

Seems like you're already making progress with your values, the face of the girl in the Alice in Wonderland-ish dress looks great!

Thanks for the tips Adzerak

Attached Files Image(s)

For some reason when I'm drawing I tilt my head from side to side like a confused dog and I only realise when I feel my neck getting tired.

Attached Files Image(s)

Apparently colour saturation is important or something.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lol I love when dogs do that confused head tilt thing! Nice start so far. Im having trouble learning colors too. Ive been reading James Gurney's Color and Light. Its helping me a lot I think, just havnt been able to implement them yet. Saturation always kicks my ass :(

Tried a photostudy. Not sure if it's possible to tell what the hell is going on in my version but I found doing it oddly meditative. http://www.pbase.com/stevesaba/image/145028352

Attached Files Image(s)

Thingies. And now I feel sick from being awake too long.

Attached Files Image(s)

Never asked for this

Attached Files Image(s)

Surprise, it's saturation o'clock

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the way you push creativity in all your stuff, this will make a difference when your technical skills catch up your imagination :) And good luck with the 15 months! (I'm almost in the same situation :D)