Crimson Sticky
Sounds great!

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr
Really liking this idea! Def will help to motivate people to carry on working and pushing themselves.

I'll be compiling a list of sketchbooks in my notepad for now, looking through them, and getting stuff ready.
CURRENT COMPILED LIST (in no particular order)
Here's a list of the sketchbooks I've currently went all the way through, which I'll keep updated(10/27/13):
Eraiasu, monkeybread, UrsulaDorada, JordyLakiere, kerm, TylerDonnelly, Jared2365, EduardoGaray, Budgie, JakeB, Lionsketch, Jamesxwu, BenFlores, chromaTinker, Samszym, Elaeis, nufftalon, Madzia, warmics, Rognoll, Laura_H, crackedskull, rob_powell, nphill19, MW-Art, Nika, gdsworld, s-mrr, ReneAigner, MrFrenik, Elif, darktiste, Adzerak, alex_bo, kidult, Warburton, Matthias Kinnigkeit, dirksteele, marjoriedavis, pnate, Nikt, Ignatz, Lyraina, Mr. Toodles, redidge, Archreux, mat04art, Blewzen, Othrandir, Wingal, Wolkenfels, Jonesoda

This is the grading category I set up for each sketchbook:
Name:
Quality: 0-5
Quantity: 0-5
Pages:
Posting Consistency: 0-5
Progression: 0-5
Recognition: 0-5
Overall Score:
Sketchbook Link:

I judge these based on each persons skill level on their first page and see how much progress they've made. (Doesn't matter if you're a professional or a beginner)

I'll keep checking sketchbooks, reevaluating, and updating this as I go until I feel I'm ready to select someone.
sounds good, Dennis! Thank you for putting in this effort!

Hell yea that looks awesome!

How did I just see this? I think it's a wonderful idea! I would love to see that happening!

it about time for the update it end of november
how about adding a working link to those sketchbook?

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(12-01-2013, 05:50 AM)darktiste Wrote: it about time for the update it end of november
how about adding a working link to those sketchbook?

Been a little busy with some holiday stuff, but should be picking someone very soon.

Also, I'm not gonna add links to all these sketchbooks, lol, that list is just here for people to see who I've checked through.
This sounds like an amazing idea, I have seen plenty of people get only 1 or 2 comments every so often even though they are consistently pushing themselves and studying hard. I found that the only way to get feedback in your sketchbook (or the way that works for me) is to reply to 15+ people at a time with thought out advice and maybe you will get 5 or 6 comments back (I'm talking weekly here, since that's the schedule I work on).
The problem with this method is that a thoughtful comment may work when you can see something the person can work on, but if you want advice from someone better than you, which often times is the best place to get advice from, its very hard to critique someone who is further along the artistic path. These people also tend to be the busiest as well which adds to it.
Hard working stickied sketchbooks would definitely increase the chances of feedback from these people which would be fantastic.
Good idea Dennis /endMy2Cents

I agree Jaik, and I saw you giving out comments, which I appreciate. At the moment I'm trying figure out how to get a custom sticky implemented so it's separate from the "important threads" sticky. Hopin to have everything ready before new years, so the process can begin.
I love the idea. When a hard working artist is rewarded, a kitty appears in the field full of flowers ;3

@Jaik
I know it's frustrating when you don't recieve any feedback in your sketchbook. And yes there are a lot of people doing hard work and not recieve any comments. But as far I saw, they're not very active in the forums in the first place. I believe that you first need to give something to the community in order to recieve something back. And you can say that they can't post comments cuz they're busy working on their craft. That's cool. But so am I and so are many other people here and still they find a little bit of time to give something to the community. Personally I love posting in people sketchbooks give feedback or at least say something kind to lift someones spirit. But I'm one of those busy artists. This little time I have I like to spent responding to people I know. And those are the same people I see all the time. They're updating often and reply in my and other people sketchbooks. Ocasionally I go for a trip and post in random sketchbooks, but I do it so rarely that I forget later on this person even exists. Sometimes I subscribe to a random thread, but this happens when someone's doing really exeptional stuff. It may sound mean, but this is the way things works. Anyway. I got in a brag berzerk. Better stop it. This is a great place with many awesome people, great opportunity to grow as an artist and be social and meet some of these people. And yeah this is more an reply to those people who don't participate in the community and are wondering why the're not recieve any feedback. As for you I can see you posting everywhere and that's awesome ;) Hope this bit to long post make sens. My English is very crappy today ;P

Again, love the idea. Much love <3