Cornflakes's Pieces
Hi there!
I've been a member for a while, but i've finally decided to make a sketchbook ^^
Here's my introduction: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4268.html

Feel free to give critique!!

Here's some stuff, ordered on the date i made it:

Something i still haven't finished yet, not sure why... already got some critique on it ^^
[Image: VGdG1Y6.jpg]

First study i ever did 90min
[Image: study_by_skittels94-d6ey3df.png]

Second study 90min
[Image: second_study_by_skittels94-d6g21i4.png]

Third study 90min
[Image: 3rd_study_by_skittels94-d6g8lta.png]

Fourth study 90min
[Image: 4th_study_by_skittels94-d6ifvbo.png]

This one isnt finished yet because school began again :/
[Image: 1EDqapj.jpg]

Have been working on this one for quite some time
[Image: fantasy_punk_character_finished__by_krnflks-d6mrlck.jpg]

Some school assignment in illustrator
[Image: landscape_by_krnflks-d6ny3zy.png]

And finally some actual sketchbook stuff :P
Recently started studying bridgeman
[Image: sketches_by_krnflks-d6pt1sc.png]

Fucked this one up pretty badly, but gonna post it anyway
[Image: icy_stuff_by_krnflks-d6q0wbz.png]

The 'alien' on the left is part of a school assignment to create a world on a different planet
[Image: sketches2_by_krnflks-d6sj04z.jpg]

And finally the most recent one:
Also part of the same school assignment.
[Image: alien_stuff_by_krnflks-d6tifxd.png]
welcome on CD ! Dude, i can see you're lacking the basic drawing stuff, so i suggest you to put away photoshop for a while and come back in a few months, when you'll draw good things ! it's useless to try to learn too many things at the same time ! anyway, keep it up !

(11-09-2013, 11:53 AM)kikindaface Wrote: welcome on CD ! Dude, i can see you're lacking the basic drawing stuff, so i suggest you to put away photoshop for a while and come back in a few months, when you'll draw good things ! it's useless to try to learn too many things at the same time ! anyway, keep it up !

thanks ^^
can you be a litle bit more specific?
because of school i dont have time to photoshop a lot anyway ;p
Those alien heads look pretty cool. The alien figures proportions look a bit off though. His torso length is too long and his arms are a bit too short. His pecks are a bit long as well. Oh course hes an alien so his anatomy could be different than humans but it doesnt look like thats what you were going for. Keep sketching and post some more for us!

(11-10-2013, 03:34 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Those alien heads look pretty cool. The alien figures proportions look a bit off though. His torso length is too long and his arms are a bit too short. His pecks are a bit long as well. Oh course hes an alien so his anatomy could be different than humans but it doesnt look like thats what you were going for. Keep sketching and post some more for us!

Thanks!
if this wasn't traditionally, i'd fix it, but i'l pay more attention to it next time ^^
when i say that your stuff lacks of fundamentals, it means that we don't feel the structure and solidity of what you draw ! it has to deal with vizualising and thinking before drawing, simplifying , learn to draw big shapes first, then middle shapes and details last, and not rush into details, you can also learn light and shadow with pencil, maybe in a better way than with photoshop ! It's easy to take a certain brush and create a certain effect to trick your viewer, but with pencil, you only got your brain, and that's your best tool ! it also means having some fundamentals of anatomy and perspective, though they are really related ! It doesn't mean you have to master all of this before painting, just feeling quite good about drawing is okay, even if there are flaws, and there willa lways be flaws ! but with good drawing skills under your belt, painting will be easier ! you'll follow the same mindset : big shapes first, solidity in your form, etc, you'll only add colors !

(11-10-2013, 06:27 AM)kikindaface Wrote: when i say that your stuff lacks of fundamentals, it means that we don't feel the structure and solidity of what you draw ! it has to deal with vizualising and thinking before drawing, simplifying , learn to draw big shapes first, then middle shapes and details last, and not rush into details, you can also learn light and shadow with pencil, maybe in a better way than with photoshop ! It's easy to take a certain brush and create a certain effect to trick your viewer, but with pencil, you only got your brain, and that's your best tool ! it also means having some fundamentals of anatomy and perspective, though they are really related ! It doesn't mean you have to master all of this before painting, just feeling quite good about drawing is okay, even if there are flaws, and there willa lways be flaws ! but with good drawing skills under your belt, painting will be easier ! you'll follow the same mindset : big shapes first, solidity in your form, etc, you'll only add colors !

Thanks a lot! this is something i can work with ^^

There'l be new sketches in a few days so stay tuned :D
some new sketches:
[Image: some_more_practice_by_krnflks-d6uutvz.png]

tried spaceships, but failed miserably T_T maybe i should actually look at a few Rolling eyes, funny thought
the ray on the bottom in the middle is for the 'alien' project also, and when he decides to walk, he can fold it in like a coat.
and the buildings on the bottom left, and middle right are places where these aliens could be living. they all have a bad sence of scale, sorry for that, but i wasnt really paying attention :C

[Image: spaceships_and_mutand_fishes_by_krnflks-d6w39jq.png]

[Image: selfportrait_by_krnflks-d6w3mm0.png]

Havent uploaded anything in a while D:

was mainly busy making this one, feel free to crit ^^
there are some mistakes, but i already put way too much time into it

[Image: heavy_burden_by_krnflks-d7j7ibv.png]

Really like the piece with the purple monster. The semi plant look is intriguing, and the flat teeth somehow look more intimidating than fangs here. Like, his jaw is so big he'll just bite you in half--no fangs necessary.

In the future, don't be afraid to let the creature really fill up the image. It's a cool monster, sort of a shame it's pushed so far back. I could sort of see this as a vertical crop, with the soldiers nearest us a bit smaller.

Sketchbook

(05-23-2014, 04:34 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Really like the piece with the purple monster. The semi plant look is intriguing, and the flat teeth somehow look more intimidating than fangs here. Like, his jaw is so big he'll just bite you in half--no fangs necessary.

In the future, don't be afraid to let the creature really fill up the image. It's a cool monster, sort of a shame it's pushed so far back. I could sort of see this as a vertical crop, with the soldiers nearest us a bit smaller.

Thanks a lot! :)

[Image: 8rmyBWR.png]

Looking for artists @ https://www.thedigitaltattooshop.com/