Reza Dwiputra's Sketchbook
Interesting studies, Reza. I like the perspective ones.

Hey Reza, nice studies - but I see that you draw almost everything digitally and/or with the linetool.My advice:
Work on freehand perspective drawings, as well, whereby you set up various perspective planes in various types of perspectives, 1pt, 2pts, 3, etc... Then, once you feel comfortable constructing freehand planes, I'd suggest moving on with boxes upon boxes upon boxes. Being able to freehand draw an ellipse takes time but it is an essential skill to have. From there build cylinders, then cones, and finally spheres. Then start combining these simple geo-forms (boxes, cylinders, cones, spheres) into more complex forms, intersecting them at various points, adding and subtracting from the forms.
(02-11-2014, 11:21 PM)constructicon Wrote: Hey Reza, nice studies - but I see that you draw almost everything digitally and/or with the linetool.My advice:
Work on freehand perspective drawings, as well, whereby you set up various perspective planes in various types of perspectives, 1pt, 2pts, 3, etc... Then, once you feel comfortable constructing freehand planes, I'd suggest moving on with boxes upon boxes upon boxes. Being able to freehand draw an ellipse takes time but it is an essential skill to have. From there build cylinders, then cones, and finally spheres. Then start combining these simple geo-forms (boxes, cylinders, cones, spheres) into more complex forms, intersecting them at various points, adding and subtracting from the forms.

yeah man, i find my line is very wriggly, so i'm not comfortable enough to not using shift when makin line at my perspective drawing, and also not only in my perspective drawing it happens in every work i've made :(

2nd attempt to make 3rd assignment of isra's perspective class, still sucks, im going to make another one.

(the first one is too sucks to be posted :p)

Attached Files Image(s)

3rd atempt to do 3rd assignment of isra's 1st perspective lesson
it's not finished yet though i need to put some vegetation in the scene

Attached Files Image(s)

finished! tooks so many time to make this one, but im glad that i finaly have guts to make use perspective.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome amount of studies there, I really dig your motivation! I suggest moving to 3-point perspective slowly - it might be harder to handle at first but essentially it is what is in real-world situatons plus it enables you to make much more dramatic compositions. Great work!

another drill while watching ctrl+paint perspective sketching part 1

trying to put my brain into perspective mind set

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-12-2014, 07:51 PM)Kaffer Wrote: Awesome amount of studies there, I really dig your motivation! I suggest moving to 3-point perspective slowly - it might be harder to handle at first but essentially it is what is in real-world situatons plus it enables you to make much more dramatic compositions. Great work!

Hey kaffer, thanks for visiting my sketchbook :) yes im really aware that i should start moving to 3 point perspective, but the thing is,before few weeks ago i never seriously learn about how to draw in perspective, i always avoiding drawing in this concept before, yeah i really regret back in my school i really hate this subject and never takin' it seriously, i think perspective is only used by architec or interior design.

but, fuck now i realize how stupid i am back in the days :p

Hi,thanks for passing by my sketchbook

Those perspective drwaings are really nice and they keep getting better and better.

About the anatomy i suggest looking up Michael Hampton book or courses or whatever artist that shows how to construct with cilinders and boxes to give solidity and locate them better in space then also study the skeleton and muscles and apply them to that construction.

Keep working you're doing a great job;)

another 2pt perspective drill

trying to understand the concept of 3 pts perspective

Attached Files Image(s)

today study,anatomy figure from photo ...

anatomy study 150214

portrait study, my own portrait

Attached Files Image(s)

last post for today
200214 self portrait

Attached Files Image(s)

Good job! Really nice work on those portraits. Dont be scared to go to black though, everything is around the middle ground in value. Contrast is your friend!
Really inspirational to see the improvement in your work since the workshop man. Really cool.

last week im concentrating my study on gesture sketching, i've made a thousand of it and still i feel need more practice on it, maybe i will do this routine every once in a month , in this post you will also find my attempt to drawing figure from my owni magination (grayscale figure image) and also my portrait study of myself

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-23-2014, 09:47 AM)Jaik Wrote: Good job! Really nice work on those portraits. Dont be scared to go to black though, everything is around the middle ground in value. Contrast is your friend!
Really inspirational to see the improvement in your work since the workshop man. Really cool.

are you sure jaiq? , cause man, im really pround of my self.

i feel that my progression is going really slow, i can feel any difference of my skills compare back in november last year :/

can i have your skype id jaiq?

another progress, the self portrait is my attempt to draw from mirror, its feel very different and lot of tougher, since i've always drawing from photo

Attached Files Image(s)

this week progress:
in the begining of the week i decide to set several of goals such as, 100 face drawing
7 selfportrait and 1 hour of gesture sketching + 1 hour of old master study
but it doesnt turns up pretty well, :/ it seems i lost my enthusiasm this week and got several work to do that kind of ruining my schedule

Attached Files Image(s)

ey! one image is reapeated on your last post.

From this last post I like your head line drawings... how long do they take? Ive been doing some 2 min head gestures but they look crap.

I think 7 selfportrait a week is a bit much. What about 2 a week... :p

btw thanks for the link.. altho I knew Proko already but yes.. I need more anatomy studies

did you know this one? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMEjFhvOE1NCgePCoW0vpg
There some cool aplications of perspective check them out

Sketchbook: p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7
for past few days i've been doing drill for human face

Attached Files Image(s)