My Precioussss SB
30 sec gestures, gesture from imagination and trying out portrait value from imagination

Attached Files Image(s)

Main crit is to tell you to slow down. You are pumping out the work and I dont mean to slow down on how much you are working but maybe focus on your strokes a little more, try and get forms (i.e. cheekbones) to read properly. Try and make all of them look like the one of the top left. The gestures are looking good, a lot of motion in them. Pull out a loomis book as well, your placements are pretty accurate and the proportion is too, but you can always learn from the master :D
Keep going, you are going great :D

jaik : thanks jaik, thats why i try to master study ruanjia to understand more about his strokes.
practicing gestures makes me remember about the days of copying many books like hogarth, bridgman, etc..slowly it cames back to my memory..

gestures for today, ruanjia master study, i really like his strokes..

Attached Files Image(s)

today gesture, ruanjia master study, and trying to apply it by making portrait from ref (from marcin wuu)

Attached Files Image(s)

gestures practice and master study zhaoming wu

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow that study 2 posts ago is great! Real improvement over your previous stuff! Nice job with the traditional looking brush work on the last portrait too. You should start applying them now and do some from your imagination or do a character piece or something similar. You will definitely see an improvement :)

Jake : thank you jake, yeah, im trying from imagination, but still sucks hahaha, i'm gonna try it again though

gestures, burne hogarth study, and portrait study, some heads from imagination

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice values!

gestures today, and some portrait, try to render fei in realist..but it's sucks hahaha Insane, ecstatic

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a lot of studies.. Awesome man keep it up

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
dont forget to apply and dont be afraid to show them because were all here to learn and fail. anyways, nice start to your sketchbook, i wanna see more! :)
Good job man, theres a lot of improvement even since I have been here last. Your values are MUCH better. There are some problems with your craniums though. Do a couple skull studies and that'll fix you right up. For example, that male portrait in the last image looks like the top of his skull is missing. Good job though, seriously impressed at the speed with which you are improving!

just gestures, hogarth study and rubens master study

Attached Files Image(s)

Like how I could possibly miss your sketchbook. I love to see people with good hard working ethic. And you seem to be this person. Great gestures and value studies. I can see some nice improvements at a course of those two pages of your sketchbook. If you'll keep up with all updates and studies you'll become a beast. Best wishes mate!

Awesome sketchbook! Keep it up with all the hard work!

ramalooke : thank you for your encouragement man, lets keep up improve together rama.
razvanb08 : thank you man, let's keep improving.

gestures and just study from gravure photo

Attached Files Image(s)

gestures and trying color study, for future personal project

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work man. Everything is looking better especially the faces!
Good job, keep it up!

Nice job thus far. Really sticking to those gestures now. I really like the colours you put into the shadow areas on the back lit figure in the last one. Nice stuff. You might want to do some backgrounds with your characters though so that you can play a bit more with edges :)

has been slow these days

Attached Files Image(s)