Peppermint flavoured work-out, grinding till I'm dizzy
Hey all, will be posting stuff daily on my journey to becoming a pro artist, I got a lot of work ahead of me and it's a bit tough atm as I work 9-5 and also 4 days a week my free time is being dedicated to panto rehearsals *_* (untill feb 2nd) BUT I'm feeling good, haven't felt this positive and motivated about art in years and it's literally all I think about now! It's gonna be hard but I'm not afraid to fail anymore Confident, glad

Something to start it off.

loose study today

took photos of my sketchbook! Shock no bloody A3 scanners anywhere ;-;

and a bonus mascot ^^

I like how you rendered the armor. Makes me want to practice metal surfaces. Keep it up man!

Cheers man and yea armour is really fun to draw

Found a sketch from mid december I forgot about, only had the head rendered, quickly did the rest in with this new brush that I lurv. Will take a picture of todays sketchbook page tomorrow Thumbs_up

Hi, Peppermint Butler! Your anatomy looks like it needs a bit more observation for now, specially where the "big shapes" meet, but your studies seem to be going in the right direction.
Now, your armors are looking pretty well!

Also I've got a sweet spot for cartoons, and yours are looking awesome. Actually the little creature you have in your avatar drew me here!

Keep it up, man!

I'm with Hypnagogic_Haze. It makes me want to practice metal surfaces too :)

I see you are new here as I am so keep posting!

Hey Rognoll: thanks for passing by, yea I need to hit the anatomy studies again, probably start with loomis and glad you like the mascot lol I have a bunch of more cartoony drawings I did but they're a few weeks old so dunno if it's cheating to post them :p

Iamorim: yea I really want to nail painting metal and thanks I will! :D

Here's a self portrait from life using a mirror, it's been a long time but this is probably the first of many to come.

and doodles from yesterday

:)

your portrait is very good, you have the basic, awesome, beside loomis, try bridgman.

rioriorio: thanks a lot! yea I need to do some bridgman again at some point. Although I looked through Michael Hampton's book again and it was just what I was looking for, so doing that one atm

Here's some stuff from the past few days, haven't had much free time and my scanner sucks so I eventually took some photos *_* was having CD withdrawal

gave up on this one, i used some rubbish method to paint it and gave up *_*

doodle before bed, watched a vid by this Proko guy at lunch time, tried out his approach with some success, not quite there tho but I like it

Wink 
Hello guys, here's todays studies, this book is awesome and is really effective at making me understand how each individual muscle works Insane, ecstatic

This mornings drawings. first one is with no ref and yea its blegh, not really sure what i was drawing.
next two are studies. keeping up the grind