noobler's corner
[Image: 140208_hi_orc.jpg]
Hi Insane, ecstatic
Im a 31 year old guy from Finland. I have wanted to make webcomics for like forever and maybe even do art for a living someday (dare i hope?).. But my biggest problem is that i have no discipline and i procrastinate way too much.

To change myself, i was about to start a sketchbook thread at the ComicDish forums. My thinking was that my top priority should be to make drawing daily a habit, instead of only drawing when i felt like it (and there have been months when i have not drawn anything!).. So if i manage to cultivate a habit of drawing daily, even if its just for 15 minutes, it would help a lot! I think its a lot like deciding to go for a walk. Its really hard for somebody who is a couch potato to decide to go for a 3 hour walk, but it takes far less willpower if you walk to the supermarket and as you are walking to there you decide to do a little detour, maybe walk 500 meters past the supermarket. And then gradually, you each time increase the amount you walk.. and before you know it, you'll be doing 3-5 hour walks regularly. Well, im still in the fat couch potato stage when it comes to doing art Blushing

Anyways, i happened to watch some drawing video on youtube and somebody recommended this forum in the comments. This place looks to be much more active than the ComicDish forums, so i thought to start my sketchbook thread here instead Tongue

Edit: $#17! Sorry! i meant to post this in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.. Blushing

hmm.. Well i was going to start a sketchbook thread anyway. here it goes:

some unfinished studies..

for the daily sketch challenge group at deviantart

need to do more landscape studies and speedpaintings..

and some random scribbles from my sketchbook Blushing

Awesome start to your sketch book! Its good to see someone else in their 30s around here :D
I know what you mean about the building habits thing. I've only just started figuring out how to change my ways and build motivation in the last year and a half. If only I had figured these things out sooner D:

Hypnagogic_Haze - thanks man Happy
looked through your and other peoples sketchbooks here, damn but you people are working hard! its extremely motivational Insane, ecstatic

i didnt do much today, but i at least filled few pages in my sketchbook:

the last page was for the daily sketch challenge group at deviantart and the topic was Mega Man.. i only have vague memories of playing it on the nes back in the day and that i was really bad at it Stupid

and i did another landscape study

Man, I can see that your ladies are going to be visually dangerous once you're able to hit up more study action.

I've surmised from your sketchbook pages that your drawing abilities could probably use the most love at the moment, as your painting is leading. Once you're able to get that foundation it'll amp your game like you won't believe.

You can bet I'll be checking back! :T

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
Einver - thanks for dropping by Insane, ecstatic yeah, i plan on practicing drawing way more than i have been doing it..

made another sloppy landscape study

and some sketches

trying to eliminate one of my weaknesses, hands. i got still a long way to go Tongue

and one more quick landscape study (25min)

Whaaaaaaaoa--!

Mursu, hello and welcome to the forums, I can't believe I haven't seen this sketchbook around! It's totally badass!!

Keep up the killer work ~

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
its awesome that you put your own style into your studies! They have a pretty nice painterly feeling to them - killer sketchbook indeed! :)

smrrfette - thanks for popping by, i'll try to keep updating daily Insane, ecstatic
Kaffer - thanks! Heh, its really that im too lazy to draw the under drawing accurately.. hmm, well thats not entirely true. I also think it helps me learn more stuff, when later in the painting process i cannot rely on the ref photo anymore, and i have to try to figure out stuff for myself... At least that's what i keep telling myself! Confident, glad

didnt manage to do much today, was too busy browsing all the awesome stuff here Blushing
Watched the first 2 videos from Sickbrushes class and i decided to give a try at only using the lasso and the gradient tools (gotta admit that i cheated a bit and also used the free transform tool a few times).
The reference picture Sickbrush gave was a bit too complex, so i thought to try first some more simpler pictures. But i still ended up noodling them for way too long. Next time i'll have to try simplifying the forms a lot more...

copied some random movie screenshots. need to go to sleep now...