My Bowl of Ramen Doodles
Smile 
Hello everyone, I have decided to give the online sketchbook another try. Here are some drawings and studies from Scott Robertson's How To Draw book. Just got it recently to brush up on my perspective drawing and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to do the same! Thumbs_up

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice looking construction lines! And the name of this thread is pure win! :D

(02-23-2014, 03:57 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Nice looking construction lines! And the name of this thread is pure win! :D

haha thanks! We tend to Over noodle our doodles Rolling eyes, funny thought
really cool! perspective is so important in drawing and your studies looks good!

Here's tonight's perspective study from H2DR. Some exercises for mirroring curves and also making grids that are inside the cone of vision.

In other news, Multiplying boxes in perspective is really fun Stupid

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice start :D! Another reminder I need to get that book :p.

(02-24-2014, 03:37 AM)ImSkeptical Wrote: Nice start :D! Another reminder I need to get that book :p.

Haha thanks! I think you should :D We could share notes and learn together from the book if you do. Thumbs_up

Here are some sketches done at work today. Had some downtime, might as well use it wisely.
The first drawing is a a Hogarth copy study and the second image is a random slug monster inspired by Pixar's Monster's University.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's some recent illustrations that I did. It's a trading card project for Sunday School kids at a local church and my task is to provide illustrations based on Bible verses from the Old and the New Testament.

First one is Moses, looking badass with the Ten-Commandments

and the second one is inspired by John 21:4-6

4Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Attached Files Image(s)

Couldn't sleep, so I decided to do some style R&D.

This was done using Amei Zhao's artwork as a reference. Check her portfolio out (please click on her name on this post for the link), she has some pretty cool stuff! I came acroos her work while I was looking through Tom Schole's tumblr.

This exercise is fun, will be doing more in the future!

Attached Files Image(s)

Art dump!

Party

Attached Files Image(s)