A Painting A Day Keeps The Bad Weather Away *Daily Sketchbook
Rainbow 
Hey everyone, Quick introduction here. My name is Phil, I am 20 years old, and I'm from the UK.
I've never really put my art out there before now so this should be fun. :)

[edit](29/03/14) This is going to be atleast one addition per day from now on, this is what i had intended to do from the start and that's the challenge I'm setting myself.

I hope to get back to posting daily now. I was having wrist pains and honestly thought it was a good idea to take a break.

-------------------------
Study of torso's from anatomy book i have

-------------------------
Study done from a stock photo taken by this guy http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com

Nice start!! Keep it up!!

I´m a painter man, and i paint my cock the size that i want!!
-Alberto Mielgo

FACEBOOK!!
ARTSTATION!!
DEVIANT!!
(03-09-2014, 10:46 AM)MarcRosete Wrote: Nice start!! Keep it up!!

Another study from the same stock photographer. http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com

A couple of finished (or as finished as i can be bothered) originals.

----------------------------
And then BOOM. artist block.
So to get out of it i'm doing what i normally do, draw lots of faces quite badly :p

Super nice! Actually thought your first painting was the reference picture x_X

Quote:Super nice! Actually thought your first painting was the reference picture x_X

Ha. You're too kind :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick leg Study, mostly trying to build a method to draw them from imagination.

And some arm study's.

And some figure drawings from imagination, always the most fun. :)

Nice cyborg lady design! I like how you do gestures with all the ellipses too. The proportions look very accurate. I take it you've read all the major figure drawing books? Loomis, Bridgman, Hampton, Hogarth?

(03-29-2014, 02:36 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Nice cyborg lady design! I like how you do gestures with all the ellipses too. The proportions look very accurate. I take it you've read all the major figure drawing books? Loomis, Bridgman, Hampton, Hogarth?

Ta, I recognize those names you listed but I've never read a book by any of them, in fact I don't think I've ever read a book on figure drawing, the closest I've gotten to that is a book on anatomy.
The ellipse technique i use for figures and gestures is actually something i came up with myself from experimentation, its part based on real muscles and bones, and partly just on what feels right to me. probably not the greatest explanation ever :p

Rainbow 
OK from here on out I'm going to do my utmost to get stuff on here every single day, i wanted this to be a daily thing from the start, and it hasn't been so far.

Time to change gear, pick up the pace, and make it so.

3 speedpaintings today, all photo study's, 2-3hrs on each
-------------------------------------------------------

Wow! You certainly have a good handle on figures then considering you havnt even studied Loomis. It might be good for you to skim through Bridgman or Michael Hampton's books. Always good to try new approaches and integrate what methods you like into your process. Hampton especially has a good explanation of building up the figure from basic gesture lines to landmarks, form and then anatomy. Those latest studies look great by the way!

(03-30-2014, 03:58 AM)Hypnagogic_Haze Wrote: Wow! You certainly have a good handle on figures then considering you havnt even studied Loomis. It might be good for you to skim through Bridgman or Michael Hampton's books. Always good to try new approaches and integrate what methods you like into your process. Hampton especially has a good explanation of building up the figure from basic gesture lines to landmarks, form and then anatomy. Those latest studies look great by the way!
OK thanks I will keep that in mind, though I have often struggled with other peoples figure drawing techniques, I think that's a big factor in why I ended up developing my ellipse method.

--------------------------------------
Was out all day only had time for a quick 1hr speedpaint. Just saw a girl on the bus home tonight and tried to memorize her so I had something to paint when I got home, just to make sure i keep this up daily.

Work in progress thing i started today, kind of struggling with the backdrop, I haven't really studied environments or structures before, and this is making me think I should do that at some point.

I'd rather not post unfinished stuff if I can help it but I didn't get anything else done today.
Oh well.

Kind of slacking atm.. this took 4 hours way longer than it should have

At first I thought this woman cyborg has mechanical wings like this http://th07.deviantart.net/fs43/PRE/f/20...entral.jpg
looks quite epic anyway )
very nice work on your figure gestures, keep posting daily, looking forward to see your progress

sweet sb dude!

Train, gain, or stay the same.
Deviantart
Sketchberk
Really like those figures from imagination! The paintings are lovely, too.

Sketchbook

Thanks guys :)

Karmapolice, I wish my designs were as good as that :p

-------------------------------------
Bit of a lesson in saving files today, let it be known if your PC freezes with hours of unsaved work, you are kind of boned.
But here's what didn't get lost today..

1: Attempting to understand hands and break them up into a method
2: Some 10min speed paint studys.
3: 40-50min paint of my own hand.
4: 13-25min studys.

Whoops, almost forgot to put this in, bunch of 2 min hand sketches without any reference