Screencap Redraw
Are you a fan of animated movies? You wanna practice some lights? Here's something new from the Internet. Screencap redraw! Take a shoot from animated movie and render lights on it. I spotted this new trend few days ago and like the idea. Here're few examples:

[Image: Zph5UBG.jpg]
belongs to TYSON MURPHY

[Image: tumblr_n2l9ws4hpv1rz1aygo1_500.jpg]
belongs to http://sirpangur.tumblr.com/

[Image: tumblr_myz66uvFN21tohrdgo2_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_myz66uvFN21tohrdgo1_r2_500.png]
belongs to http://rezzydevil.tumblr.com/

It's never ending challenge, I will post something as soon as I finish my current projects :D Hope you will find it as fun exercise too. Cheers!

Bang.

Glad do see you here crackedskull :D Liked it. I will be creating more of this.... can focus on colors without caring much for design

Been wanting to try this since seeing the Sword and the Stone one on reddit :)

[Image: 4FuSGZE.jpg]
[Image: Maj0tPy.jpg]

ive seen these all over the place, though i still have no idea whats the work process in doing these

(03-25-2014, 08:05 PM)foxfire1345 Wrote: ive seen these all over the place, though i still have no idea whats the work process in doing these

work process? you're taking screencap from cel shaded animation and render light on ready design. Like coloring book but you already have colors only lights are missing.

Whoops, too complex base design.

Tried this out on manga aswell.

Really fun exercise :D

[Image: A3YRyt9.jpg]

[Image: Pe9HqhN.jpg]

one more for fun

Wait, that's more tough than I expected O_O But interesting because it kind of forced me to adapt to a different style than usual.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
these are kinda fun

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-13-2014, 07:58 AM)Lyraina Wrote: Wait, that's more tough than I expected O_O But interesting because it kind of forced me to adapt to a different style than usual.

The film was already heartbreaking and you had to go and do this? Now I feel twice as horrible.

Beautiful.
(04-13-2014, 01:24 PM)DanialG Wrote: The film was already heartbreaking and you had to go and do this? Now I feel twice as horrible.

Beautiful.

I know! It's the one film that I cannot watch without crying. Thanks though :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
I'm a bit late to the party but I hope you don't mind me joining in (:
I think everybody's redraws looked amazing so I wanted to try as well!

[Image: evaoverpaint_01_by_cyprinusfox-d7fob88.jpg]

[Image: evaoverpaint_02_by_cyprinusfox-d7fob82.jpg]

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook
Thought I'd give this a go!

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche
interesting idea.
first try
[Image: disney_overpaint_by_wolkenfels-d7mxmaq.jpg]

ahah, I didn't realize there's a thread:) I just kinda did something similar, I've put it in sb...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=51764]

Looking at all these I realize that I've barely touched mine:) Now I'm like "a-haa, you can do that much rendering?", I suppose I was afraid of breaking the style or something.

But, all in all, this is some fun stuff.

And all your pieces are great:)

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook
Cool thread , really nice paintovers guys. Decided to try my hand at this

Attached Files Image(s)