WIPS! - Bloodsports 6 - Monster Hunter Challenge!
Hey guys! Great arts so far! =)
Didn't had time to work too much on it yet =x Will try to advance more today.
[Image: studie01_o.png]
[Image: studie02_o.png]
[Image: concpt1_o.png]
Changed my mind, likin this direction better...

[Image: monster_hunter_together.png]

Update...
[Image: monster_hunter_together02.png]

and another...
[Image: monster_hunter_together03.png]
More studies of Zulu tribesman:
[Image: 20120218-df67w3f7f9gtwsii1b6kcbyiyp.jpg]

[Image: 20120218-81utqxny67eq32fx728egdsi63.jpg]
pixel art is way out of my comfort zone. It really takes all the weapons out of the arsenal. I can't even scale down.

I'm not sure if there is anymore to do on this guy.

Sketch of my hunter.

early 1900's explorers is my point of reference, trying to go with something like that.(keep thinking of the mummy or that dude in jumanji)
[Image: monsterhunter.jpg]
Here's what I have so far... I decided to draw from the Inuit's culture in my Hunter design. I imagined that he would be hunting some sort of yeti type creature so I've combined the yeti myth with some more realistic snow animals like a polar bear, grizzly bear, and a wolf. It's turning out to look pretty much like a "werebear" but that's not really something I mind particularly.

My guy is based on roman culture. Going to change the pose to be more confident when he has defeated the monster and fashioned his new armor but for his pre-victory look I want him to come across as somewhat green. Still working on the creature design some but pretty happy with it's eel-like features, they're very cool animals that I didn't know much about. Tomorrow I'll be doing his modified armor set.
[Image: monsterhunterortho.jpg][Image: monsterhunterarmor.jpg]
[Image: monsterhuntercreature.jpg]
Here are my first ideas for the creature... I'm going for an European medieval joust tournament style, where both the hunter and the creature would duel for the glorious victory XD; they should share some traits like the big joust spear, hairy helmet like (not sure about this one yet) and stuff i might think about along the way... not sure on how to implement those yet though.

Ideas are highly appreciated and crits also, since i'm not quite happy with the silhouettes yet (send my a PM or something since we shouldn't post comments here ._.)

Shit loads of work left to do, but these are my WIPS.

Well, this is my idea, goes roughly like this: we are in the prehistoric Croatia, and a town is haunted by the "alligator blood" stealing cattle and children to eat, is 2 meters tall and almost 3 or more long, thick hair on the back, claws and extremely strong jaw closing, the red color gives it the nickname of "blood" obviously, and their weak point is the chest and belly, which is very soft.

translation via Google translator XD

[Image: bestiOTA.jpg]

The hunter has a makeshift armor of tree bark, and a cowhide vest tied with stones, obsidian blades tied to their knees and arms to free the hands and grappling with the beast.
His first serious approach with the spear, trying to reach the mouth or stomach, if that fails, hit the face, eyes or stomach with the knife of obsidian.
It requires great physical hand to hand fight with the beast.

[Image: hunter2f.jpg]
some Bloodsports studies

[Image: 5725da1e0986828346074ef2d8199d4e.png]

[Image: 25fbbd233618e1a6bbad09206c3baea0.png]

[Image: 2c0aef5c70f51c24230f45668f354927.png]

Oh jeez. I just realized I should keep this off DA. I don't wanna give any furries the wrong idea. I'll just have to pretend those yiffing bastards don't exist.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just started! Hope I can finish all for friday...o_0
I've done some silhouettes and added some detail. Now I've to choose one and develop it further.
[Image: sketches.jpg]
Redo!

So I considered my concept while I was on break at my retail job and thought, wow, my tribal weasel mongoose thing is so freaking boring and doesn't even really follow the prompt that well. The only "fantasy" element to it is it's a mongoose.

So I started thinking about what I could do to make a better design. I let myself think of something else just to distract from the prompt. Thought about how my hair always seems better suited for designs from the past rather than modern designs, like 30's, 40's, 50's designs... Then had an "ah-ha!" moment.

What if I tossed the 50's styles into a fantasy setting?

Now that sounds a lot more awesome :) I hate how I think of the good ideas so late into the game. Oh well, time to play catch up!

Sketch ideas so far:
[Image: 20120221-x3n6dr5fr8ijbxye9xgtgmhwyi.jpg]
[Image: 20120221-pdsisj53jk6k9cf7c5a1i834t2.jpg]

Sketches of the before and after designs. I'm trying to make the after design still follow 50's fashion while adding cool armour.

The beast is Poodle Elvis. XD I was trying to think of iconic animals from the 50's and the main one I could think of was the poodle from the skirts (note the "poodle skirt" in the hunter's final design XD). However, suggestions are totally welcome to improve the beast or hunter's design :)

Here's my SB if you wanna suggest anything: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-529.html

Now onto studies!
little more work on mine.

[Image: monsterhunterafterkill.jpg]
Some sketch studies. I'll keep refining them in between working out my character's design. The quick studies do help with gestural studies and line control, using the fewest amount of lines to convey what you want. Here's the first couple:

[Image: 20120222-g97469c1sgsu2b9bmted8rscey.jpg]
First sketches of the monster
[Image: scorpiion_o.png]
I put my finish in my bloodsportfolio. I even have time to deal with crits on it. So any feedback would be appreciated.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3...ml#pid3437

Pangolin/Rhino (still working on a name) color layouts and the figure I'm going to use to place all my armor designs on.

[Image: 468aa430b2a067ab2108d7e291885a60.png]

[Image: 27afcd753223e0d3e5f78fb3ea00d455.png]