Elmst Art
Not to be redundant, but I thought it was about time to post some finished work.

Satyr and The Fairy Forest

Some times a supporting character demands his own.

Mountain Warrior

War Cry

Thine piece was a sketch I have wanted to paint for years.

WAR

Love the movie series "Riddick", in the movie Riddick is told of the battle on his home world Furia, it was said that every Furian killed 100 Necro's and when the Furains weapon ran out of ammunition, they killed 30 more with their bare hands. This is a painting of one Furian fighting in the last battle.

The Furian Way.

Mad updates from below crit.

The last piece seem to have strange arm proportion. The expression both man near the weapon on the ground have made them look like there still alive that my opinion.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Good catch. I will fix the arms tomorrow and upload a new piece. I have already made a few changes when I noticed your post. Thanks for the comments. I expect that there are a few Necro's in the pile still alive and wishing they weren't.

This sole idea of this painting was simple, a Hill Giant using his sword as a skewer. YUMMMMY.

Othar
A personal project.

Ambush

Lovely work mate! Your stuff is coming along nicely. The last piece turned out well, (I seem to remember seeing a wip of it ??) Couple of minor crits are that ear of his sticks out a little given how green the rest of his skin is, and the dwarf pose is a bit stiff given he is about to be squished.
Also....do you draw girls ever? :P

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hi Amit,
I do draw girls, at least at figure drawing. I believe what you might be alluding to, is that it might be time to mix it up a bit?

By the way I really enjoy your work. I will catch you on Facebook.

Heya Eric, yep sorry I have a tendency to be too tongue in cheek sometimes. :) That is exactly what I meant, perhaps some female characters just to add some variety, but of course there is nothing to say you shouldn't have exactly what you enjoy painting more, and if it's dudes then totally stick with it. JUst a point to mull praps. Thanks man, I appreciate it, I will hopefully get round to posting more work in the coming months and see ya on fb !

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Gregory, the Mountain Giant.

Pieter the Warlock

Great stuff on here, I love all these brawny monsters and the fantasy-themed action is a great defining feature of you work. The painting style you have works well too, really nice how you control the sharp to hazy sort of feel it has is used to direct viewer attention. The warmths in the dark areas is pleasing too.

In terms of crits, I would say that the thing that stands out most to me is the draughtsmanship on the figures. The actual anatomy looks OK - things are in the right place, good sense of 'fleshiness', and the exaggerations make sense and look cool - but there are occasional little structural and proportion errors that are a bit distracting. For instance, in the latest painting, the more distant hand is around the same size as the nearest one, though it could help to make the farthest one a bit smaller to indicate perspective and reduce 'flatness'. This is working way better on the giant in the Ambush picture - he is really popping out the page because the perspective, atmosphere and overlaps are doing their job.

I really enjoy the direction you are going in with all these giants though. It is a cool theme, and I like how it is a bit different.

Nice crit crocodile!

I will defiantly keep that in mind as I move forward. I have been trying to get a greater sense/feeling of depth out of my work, I am sure adding your suggestions will help:).

Thanks so much,

I made the adjustments you suggested as well as rotating the arm a bit so that it was not parallel to the bottom of the painting.

Thanks so much your time.

(02-07-2015, 05:32 AM)clockodile Wrote: Great stuff on here, I love all these brawny monsters and the fantasy-themed action is a great defining feature of you work. The painting style you have works well too, really nice how you control the sharp to hazy sort of feel it has is used to direct viewer attention. The warmths in the dark areas is pleasing too.

In terms of crits, I would say that the thing that stands out most to me is the draughtsmanship on the figures. The actual anatomy looks OK - things are in the right place, good sense of 'fleshiness', and the exaggerations make sense and look cool - but there are occasional little structural and proportion errors that are a bit distracting. For instance, in the latest painting, the more distant hand is around the same size as the nearest one, though it could help to make the farthest one a bit smaller to indicate perspective and reduce 'flatness'. This is working way better on the giant in the Ambush picture - he is really popping out the page because the perspective, atmosphere and overlaps are doing their job.

I really enjoy the direction you are going in with all these giants though. It is a cool theme, and I like how it is a bit different.

Loving your characters!
Borthax.

On his back he carries a small group of highly trained, dedicated warriors, breed to protect their giant friend at all costs.